Reviews for A Life Guide to Prolonging the Inevitable
The Siege chapter 12 . 2/20/2012
This is my favorite chapter. I don't know why; maybe it's cuz I sadistically enjoy reading about people putting themselves down (like when Charlie's thinking "As if Shane would ever kiss Charlie") because that just makes the the ending (when Shane apologizes to Charlie) all that much sweeter. Or something.

Anyways, this was a fantastic story! Love love love! Keep on writing!
PeanutButterKn1fe chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Okay, okay, okay. I'd been putting off reviewing this because I was sad that it ended. But then I realized that it wasn't quite fair to leave you, the author, without some sort of expression of gratitude from me for having written such an awesome story. Seriously.

Shane was a beast. I, just... man. He and Charlie became one of my top five favorite fictionpress couples very quickly.

Charlie is a girl after my own heart. Man, as a nerdy kid who is kind of obsessive about Batman, it pains me that there is no attractive male to engage in a love/hate relationship with me. This was well-written. You executed the love/hate relationship in very believable, honest way. They actually had a history, y'know? It was random.

This was very sweet, and I want to thank you for writing it :) I hope to read more of your stories in the future, when I don't a ton of homework to procrastinate on.
CassieALane chapter 17 . 2/19/2012
I was sad when it ended ):

I fell in love with this story... Sequel?
Ngoc1231 chapter 17 . 2/18/2012
Wow. This couple slightly reminds me of the couple from the notebook. Them always probably fighting but loving all the same. Also reminds me of what my mom said that it's better to have a couple that fights a lot than a couple that does. Because if you don't, that means you stopped caring.

And the end, when Charlotte was talking about how she can be so raw and to the point with him makes you wonder when you'll find someone who you can be like that. Who you can show your true self to.

I was slightly on the fence about Shane. He was, for me, one I really couldn't like til the end. Things just started to click (probably by the end of chapter 14) and when he was finally confessing about how he had cared since forever, and he was just young and dumb, just was icing on the cake.

Loved the story! And maybe for me, the cussing wasn't that bad. I don't think it really should have gotten an M, but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry?

~*~Ngoc1231~*~
Sable Queenie chapter 17 . 2/16/2012
Pleasant story.

There are a lot of stories here where they authors do the geeky girl/popular boy thing that kind of ends up missing the mark when it comes to the actual plot/delivery. I think you did a pretty okay job of avoiding that in your writing style. It's simplistic but uses detail every now and then to make situations, setting or feelings more relatable to the readers.

Using the flashback dates for title chapters was a creative idea too, though I admit it confused me at first before double checking the years on the first and second chapters lol

Charlie's a believable protagonist ugly ducking turned swan, and Shane seems like the mold of the twerp in elementary school, then bully in middle school turned hottie jock in high school. I don't know if Charlie ending up falling for someone who'd tormented her like that is entirely believable for me though. It might just be because I'D never give the boys who teased/bullied me in middle school the time of day, but *shrug* I guess anything is possible.

It was sweet that Shane knew all that stuff about Charlie, but I really wish we'd been given some more insight/detail into that to make it more believable. Seems like to me he would've had to have been a stalker to know all those little details about someone he made a show of bullying/avoiding all those years.

The way you ended it was sweet too, I just wish the story could've been longer. I always like to see a long struggle befor couples like these to finally get together lol.

Anyways, this story pulled me in, I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. Nice job :)
Forlorn-ember chapter 17 . 2/16/2012
Wow loved this story!
Midnight113 chapter 17 . 2/15/2012
I absolutely loved this story. Everything from the characters, their personalities, and the style in which you wrote it, was all very well done. I liked the concept with her whole scheme of revenge on Shane, and how it backfired, lol. The humor was so good and I loved all the flashbacks. The best part, was the ending. It was perfect, especially the way the title tied in with her last comment. That was cool. I'm glad everything worked out. For a minute there, I thought she was going to get on the bus and never see him again. Thank goodness the bus was broken down. ;) Anyway, lovely work. I truly enjoyed it. Well done!
Miss Haps chapter 17 . 2/14/2012
Mm... That was delicious.

I enjoyed this story so much. SO MUCH, man. Shane shot up into my top five dreamiest fictionpress male characters very quickly. *sigh*

The way he obviously cares about Charlie is so endearing and sweet, yet he still calls her names :P What a cutie.

Also, you, my dear, have done one of THE best jobs of a love/hate story. You executed their relationship and character development so well that I have ultimately drowned in the adorableness and sexual frustration. I LOVE IT.

I am so happy for you and this story. You did a marvelous job, so kudos. The ending was lovely. *HUGS*

But that still isn't stopping me from greedily wanting more of Charlie and Shane... Ahem. *wink, wink* ;)

Again, wonderful job.
mylittlePRINCESS chapter 17 . 2/14/2012
awesome! love the ending great story.
Ivory Meadows chapter 17 . 2/14/2012
Awsome story!

Love it!

Are you planning on a sequel or anything?

Indi x
popo-chan-xo chapter 16 . 2/4/2012
Next chapter please! This is really good. Charlie and Shane have so much sexual tension. I want for him to chase after her, and her to snap out of it and chase him back too.
sunshinernnr chapter 16 . 1/31/2012
I am loving this story!

1) The main character is awesome- I love that she owns herself, comic loving, game playing, and all. She's feisty and kind and.. awesome.

2) The pacing/plot is amazing. Especially now that the story has been built up a bit. I like how you intersperse the past and present, exposing Shane's feelings in bits and pieces. For some reason it seems to drive the story along nicely while keeping things suspenseful.

3) POV- I like that you show the reader a different side to Shane all while telling to story from Charlie's viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm loving this, but I have loved everything you have written. If you are still planning to publish, I would love to know what name you publish under and when you publish so i can buy your novels! :)
Lost and No One Cares chapter 16 . 1/26/2012
definitely one of the better stories that I've started in a longggg while. Update soon?
Miss Haps chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
I reread your story again instead of doing my Calculus homework. Why? Because good stories should be read, and if I could give you a thousand reviews, I TOTALLY WOULD. But I feel like that would get a bit annoying after a while...

*sigh* I love this story... Lately, for some reason, I keep running into really dramatic stories and reading them exhausts me sometimes. I don't know. It's probably because I can't relate to someone who's slept with a guy who likes to sleep with other girls, but they both have evil grandmothers that are in some feud with each other and the school they both go to are full of really mean people... I mean, sometimes I like that stuff. But lately reading has been overwhelming.

So I love that your story seems so natural and realistic.

I love Shane. He's such a cutie pie. I want him and Charlie to have lots of attractive babies. I even dreamed about it. THAT'S how badly I want that to happen.

I also secretly love Tim. His obnoxiousness is somehow endearing, and in certain parts he sort of reminds me of myself. I just think he's hilarious whenever he points out Charlie's deep rooted urges to bare Shane's future children. I love it.

I love that Charlie is such a unique character. I don't get to read about video-game-loving, comic-book-reading protagonists very often, and her quirks are just so lovable. I just want to squeeze her and stroke her head adoringly.

I love a lot of things about this story, if you haven't noticed already...

I love it a lot.

So much.

Okay. Well. Thanks for writing. You should never stop. NEVER.

I'm done. I promise. Now if only I could finish my Calculus homework... *sigh*
ColourCascade chapter 16 . 1/20/2012
Awwww it's such a cute story :) we all know he liked her from the start - how long before she realizes it 0.0 hehe
178 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »