Reviews for Three on a Match
KayEn78 chapter 5 . 11/13/2011
Marlene is miffed at Gunnar for telling her what to do with her relationships. While listening through her bedroom door, Marlene can hear every word Gunnar and Carla are saying about her. Gunnar does not understand Marlene and her ways. She doesn't like their discussion in the living room and decides to take a walk outside. Marlene runs into Edith Porter, who tells her that Lucas will be there at the apartment to give them strict rules about Gunnar moving in with them.

Having read Gunnar's New Roommate, I just found the answer to my question. The roommate situation between Gunnar Newton and Steve Griswold did not work out, so it is Gunnar who actually moves out of the other apartment and not Steve. However, we do not know the specific reason or incident that caused Gunnar to move out in the first place. Still, it'll really be interesting to hear what kind of rules Lucas Porter will bestow on the threesome.
KayEn78 chapter 4 . 8/26/2011
It did seem awkward that Carla would say such a thing about Marlene (dating several men at once-all teenagers) to Gunnar, after all, Carla is his girlfriend. It does sound right and could be taken for the wrong idea. And I still say it's creepy to read that a thirty-year-old plus woman (Marlene) dates several teenage boys at once. That's just doesn't sit well with me. Instead of the Porters being suspicious of Gunnar, they should really be on the lookout for Marlene with her teenage dates. It seems like the two of them have nothing better than to do than to spy on their tenants from their apartment window.

It's great to hear that Marlene finally got a job. You almost wonder who was paying the rent and utilities. Carla's job is never mentioned. We did learn that Gunnar's former roommate Steve worked at Walmart. We even learn that Marlene is so excited about her new job beginning the next day that she showers for it and then updates her employment information on Facebook.

And it looks like Carla had to have another talk with Marlene about her special flirt and wink with Gunnar in the living room. But she pormised not to do that anymore-even pinky-swore that she wouldn't.

Gunnar is sure a nice guy to offer to wash the dishes every night. Not many guys would do that. I thought Marlene was going to announce her new job at dinner? Instead, they all ate in silence and in the end Marlene stomps off into a huff to her bedroom.

I'm beginning to wonder if this arrangement is really going to work out for the three of them after all. We'll just have to wait and see!

KayEn78 chapter 3 . 8/26/2011
It sure looks like Gunnar has a massive load of suitcases every time he appears at the apartment to drop more things off. And I still say Mr. and Mrs. Porter sound a lot like Archie and Edith Bunker from All in the Family. And I really don't think a grown woman would speak to her landlord that way after being such a fine tenant for all those years. Carla doesn't realize that he is just looking out for her safety. Still, it'll be interesting to see what happens next.

KayEn78 chapter 2 . 8/26/2011
Well, it looks like Carla and Marlene apparently have another empty bedroom for Gunnar to bunk in. (And it looks like boyfriend and girlfriend are going to be proper by staying in separate bedrooms. Thank God for that third bedroom!) Even though you mentioned that this was a Three's Company cast recreation story, I can't help but think of Lucas and Edith Porter as Archie and Edith Bunker. I keep hearing Edith's screetchy voice in my mind as she speaking. And the way Lucas talks really reminds me of Archie Bunker (of how suspicious he is of this newcomer Gunnar to their apartment building). It'll be interesting to see how Lucas Porter reacts to Gunnar living with his girlfriend Carla and her roommate Marlene.
KayEn78 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
A nice start to this story, although we only learn that Gunnar cannot roommate with Steve anymore for untold reasons. We just know that he needs to find a new place to live-and it might be with his girlfriend Carla and her roommate, Marlene.