Reviews for The Way You Look Tonight
KayEn78 chapter 8 . 8/31/2011
Bob and Don quickly figure out that their classmates are laughing at Don. At first, they don't know why they're laughing at him, all they know is, is that Don is being laughed at by his peers. The two of them soon figure out that the boy is being laughed because of his weight.

Suddenly, the laughter stops and Don has this deep, dark secret to share with Bob. Bob promises not to tell anyone-even Bella and Shirley. Don announces to his best friend that Shirley is the perfect bride for him and that he's going to marry her. Finally, several days later, they go on their first date together. We learn something new about the couple-they both enjoy listening to Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight." They played it over and over. Hopefully, that record will not wear out. Or they'll have to buy a new one soon.
KayEn78 chapter 7 . 8/31/2011
Sometimes, you can picture someone named Bob and not think of him as "Bobby" or it could be the other way round. Same with Don and "Donny." It looks like Bob is going to call his best friend by his hated nickname for the rest of his life.

I didn't realize students had assigned parking spaces. I could see teachers having those possibly, but not students. Unless you mean a specific parking lot for students and one for teachers. (That's what my high school had).

At lunch, the friends are worried about Shirley because she didn't come into school that day. We learn that a relative of theirs was sick (with something) and in the hospital and Shirley's mother didn't want her to go to school that day. Has Shirley been around this relative a lot that she might get sick too? We'll see if she attends school the next day. Don is still a boy, not a man (yet).
KayEn78 chapter 6 . 8/30/2011
There are worse names to be called than "Donny" and Don should realize this. It looks like both Shirley and Don get scared easily when someone comes up behind them. (With Shirley jumping and dropping her books after Don stood behind her and Don jumped when Bob was behind him). In a crowded hallway or outside school with others milling about, it's a wonder how these two would be so jumpy in the first place. We still don't know more about Don and Shirley except that they're "perfect for each other."
KayEn78 chapter 5 . 8/30/2011
Suddenly, lunchtime is the highlight of Shirley's day. She must sound very sensuous or something for Don wanting to repeat his name and not call him Donny. And how would Bob know that Don was a good kisser? Kissing, not only on their second meeting (which really wasn't a date), and in the cafeteria where everyone can see, would just be a little awkward for Shirley and Don, I think. The only thing they know about the other is their class schedules (and copies were made of those), and that they go to the same church service. They need to learn a lot more about one another before even going out on their first date alone, away from the prying eyes of the cafeteria. I think if Don was such a romantic, he would do his best of make Shirley first-ever kiss special and not do it in the cafeteria. They've only known one another for about twenty-four hours (not even that, just during the school day itself). And Bella must have some sort of ESP for predicting already that the two of them would make a wonderful husband and wife, have beautiful children and even grow old and be grandparents together. And this is only a few hours after the two of them met. We'll see if they're able to finally head out on a real date soon and how Shirley's overprotective and strange father would react to such a thing.
KayEn78 chapter 4 . 8/30/2011
Shirley's father really put his foot down over this relationship with Don. The girl only met him that very afternoon and is so love beause this boy is absolutely the handsomest ever. Shirly, at fifteen, would be dating boys her age, not men. And her father's reasons for not allowing his daughter to date Don are a little strange. How are girls and boys supposed to meet if they can't go out with one another? I think the father's reasoning is a little off-but fathers can be very protective of their daughters. And I won't even bring up the matter about Shirly learning how to drive a car. That's just too much, in her father's eyes.
KayEn78 chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
Finally, after a month, Shirley Jackson and Don McCarey meet at lunchtime in the cafeteria of the high school they both attend. The introduction itself is rather uneventful as the two them decide to eat their lunch elsewhere in the lunchroom. They find out each other's class schedule's (well, Don writes Shirley's down) and find out that they both attend the same church service on Sunday. And to top that off, they both a have red hair. Already Don is being teased by friends and classmates alike on how the two of them were simply made for one another.
KayEn78 chapter 2 . 8/29/2011
All you need for the perfect match - to be the same age (in this case, Don and Shirley are both fifteen years old), and attend the same church. With these two similar interests and backgrounds, Don and Shirley should be a match made in heaven. If only Shirley would make up her mind on what to wear when meeting Don for the first time. It appears that lunch today for Don and pals was stagnant due to the fact that Shirley did not appear (once again).
KayEn78 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
A sweet and innocent beginning to this story. Although, I don't know who would wait a month to date someone all because they couldn't find anything to wear (for the first date). By the time the month or two came along, the boy would certainly be asking another girl out by then. But it looks like this Don McCarey fellow is stuck on asking Shirley out. We'll wait and see how their first meeting turns out.