Reviews for immobilized
tyth chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
hey i tried emailing you at baby_imananarchist at hotmail but it wouldn't send

i'd like talking to you, seeing what's up with yr life and all

sara_wright36 at hotmail dot com
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
oh darling. activism is one of the hardest things out there. you face just as much (if not a whole lot more these days) discrimination as other minorities. you can hardly even be a vegetarian without people automatically judging you and wanting to pick arguments with you, and just generally wanting you to fail. because people are sensitive about the things they're addicted to-like meat, and tv, and luxury/comfort, and if you don't want those same things, then you're a threat. and if you want to get rid of any of those things, then you're in the way of their life staying the exact same way. revolutionaries are prosecuted, but it can't stop us from feeling the way we do, and wanting what we do, and caring about the things that are meaningful to us (i mean, it can, but it's great if we all work toward making it less and less of a possibility). most of the time i feel like i'm so alienated because of my beliefs/lifestyle choice. i can't /really/ speak to people (that i still want to be friends with and not deeply offend) when they're talking about war, tv, rep/dem politics, meat, animal rights, etc, etc etc .

and then there are the fundamental worries-am i wishing for the right thing? how the fuck do i even make it happen?

but try really hard not to let your worries get in the way of you doing what you want to do. foster the productive and happy parts of you and work through/away the things you don't like.

though your charming discontentedness is one of the things i've always found interesting and lovely about you. but happiness or at least the road to it should come first.

this piece inspired me to write a little poem

s/2954497/1/planted_by_the_sea
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I love this. It's so... painful, so relatable.