Reviews for The Immortal Curer
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
This was a very interesting take on the prompt. I like how you incorporated the vivid images of the picture, including bloodied hands and that damn fly. If I remember correctly, flies are a sign of evil, so it's interesting to see it put in this story. And considering the consequences of the fly's involvement, I'm leaning towards believing it is indeed a rather evil insect. xD Plus flies are just nasty.

You bring up a very sensitive and controversial issue with the whole thing about these people being used to further science. I do like how you make the connection between HeLa and Healer. They do indeed sound very similar - I wonder what the odds are of that. The fact that this cure has made her immortal is a truly interesting concept. I am one of those people who believe humans can obtain immortality by living through the thoughts/memories/bodies of other people, so I can appreciate the powerful message you leave between the lines.

This also brings up the concept of the value of human life. Is it right to risk the life of one in order to save many? Where is the line drawn between human rights and necessity? The whole mentioning of Oprah was another strong comment - she does indeed sway the opinions of many. xD

Good luck in this month's WCC!
too.much.of.water chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
*gasp* I read that book! It was really fascinating. For some tragic, sadistic reason, the last part made me laugh. Something about staphylococci talking and special times calling for openmindedness. Perhaps it was just the geeky brilliance of the piece. Seriously, I loved it :)
17 | « Prev Page 1 2