Reviews for The Giant Toybox of Broken Hearts
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Amazing title. You switch from "you" to third person "he" midway through this poem- very abrupt switch. Loved the clockwork monkey! If I had written this, I'd consider focusing more on the metaphor. The metaphor itself is wonderful- he is childishly cruel, treating her like a mere toy. A toy has no options or control. I see her as a rag doll- you've done nicely with subtle suggestion- "you . . . ripped and tore me, at the stitches that once held me tight." I think the original Raggedy Ann had a candy heart. Intriguing. I think you should edit it!
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Oh, man. The raw emotion in this is so completely powerful. I love the third line. And The whole thing, really, the whole concept of it. The giant toy box of broken hearts. God, there are so many hearts in it. "I knew what he was... I let myself get caught in it." Another beautiful line; I've done that as well. I feel like I'm reading something I could have written. Like it's about my life, too.

I apologize for the rambling in this review, I'm kind of tired as I'm writing it, lol. What I'm trying to say is that this is lovely :)