Reviews for Fallen Ladder In The Gasoline
Poison Ember chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Wow! Your writing so so freaking awesome!

Skylar Bane...
Lost in A World of Pain chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
It has been some time since I have read a poem of high english caliber. Your usage or imagery to describe what feels like a hopeless situation is outstanding. I think everybody can relate to the emotion you are putting with regard that is frustration that is being felt with regards the situation. I also would like to express my deep felt gratitude for the review that you gave me. It is always so nice to have somebody read and review ones work. Especially a reader that actually knows what is going on. Good work. I'm thinking of trying to see about reading your Haiku's. I've not read any since high school.
nickyO chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Hi Anna,

Another solid poem. It's interesting but when I read this one, the voice of the poem comes across as detached and fatalistic even though the words are full of feeling. I think it fits well with the line "I'm emotionally fatigued from every...". Thumbs up.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
This works so well for what it is. It feels a bit long-winded, but for the type of poem it is, it works perfectly. It's angry and to the point and the run-on sentences really work in that way. I'm not being very coherent and I have to apologize for that. :P I love the last two lines in the third stanza the best. They're so very true. Just gorgeous. Keep writing! :)
The lone canine chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Another wonderful and meaningful poem. I loved it.
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
As always, a job well done! Man. I'm falling behind on writing. Actually I've been working on lyrics. Unfinished, but I haven't decided if I'll post them or not. Anyways. Great piece. Keep it Up!
Sepulchred chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
So the first thing I did was to skim this through for words I didn't know (there were two, much to my embarrassment), because there are a hell of a lot of big words here. I laughed when I saw the word 'amorphous', because I'd just written a report on the properties of amorphous polymers, but that has nothing to do with your poem.

I love the way you've put the words together, and the way they feel, rolling of the tongue. I love this even more because it's the sort of thing that would usually scare me away, with its chunky stanzas and huge words, but it's not at all over-complicated by them and the message you've brought across is so beautiful. And the imagery? WOW - what else can be said about that?
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Superb! Differently a sock to the stomach, makes you think in a new perspective. If I were him, I would take a stand back and look at the hurt I have inflicted on others; hope this wasn't based on a true story because it seems so sad :( but I have to say beautifully written - It's a gem. Please keep writing!

- Emi :)
Punslinger chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Wow! What a sharp punch in the solar plexus, with just the right number of well-chosen words. This should snap him out of his preoccupation with himself and refocus his attention on more important matters. Well done.
AuthorNinjaEarth chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Deep, thoughful...inner struggles are more evident when we attempt to pursue the desire for another. Excellent work!
the Stranger in the moonlight chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Anna, this piece was absolutely breathtaking. It has been such a pleasure watching your poetry grow to this extent and mature into true individual brilliance.

I especially enjoyed the third and fifth stanzas placements of desperate statements of love and caring wrapped up in anger and emotions.

Spectacular mastering of the rhythm of a poem without rhyme.

~the Stranger in the moonlight