Reviews for Imaginary Beings
adropofink chapter 11 . 10/19/2013
I am halfway into this story and I cannot wait to see what happened between Dolph and Tristan back then to cause this present totally angsty and heart-breaking distance between them. This story is so captivating...
Guest chapter 20 . 10/18/2013
This has been one of my fav...awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
The first chapter...I am hooked, loving this!
mitsuki44 chapter 20 . 8/10/2013
wow. this was incredible. a mishmash of pure thought and feeling and the (sometimes) complete lack of disregard humans can have for others, even if it's towards the one they love. it had a bit of a typical ending (the protagonist realizes the error of his ways and wins back his one true love, blah blah blah) but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't rooting for it.

voted as best completed slash on skow! good luck.
Chris chapter 20 . 6/28/2013
That was very touching.
KLCAND chapter 20 . 6/26/2013
Hey, so I was searching through the archives looking for something to catch my attention when I saw this. Since there are some less than pleasant authors to read on this website, I assumed that it would just be another halfway decent novel length piece of writing. Instead I found a brilliant with intriguing and complex characters, who I loved and hated. I found a story where I became truly invested in Dolph and Tristan and continually called them both stupid for just not seeing who the other was. I found a story where the grammar was correct, where there was actual intelligence in the design of the story, and where I wholeheartedly couldn't wait to finally see these characters complete their journey. So thank you for creating this diamond in the rough; it was a truly brilliant piece of work and you have an amazing talent as an author.
BlueBlue chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
Beautiful.
WandlessWonders chapter 20 . 5/29/2013
I am so grateful to have been allowed to read. I agree, you should look into getting it published. This tale spoke to me in a way, ... I find I can relate distubingly-well to your Dolph character. I've had similar experiences to this story too, I mean obviously with different circumstances, but I've felt this kind of love AND heartbreak with my own "Triss". We're working things out now but I hope I can reach (and can't wait) that place of acceptance Dolph does at the end. wow, sorry for ranting about my life... But Thanks again, really, for sharing this story.
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 20 . 5/5/2013
Quite simply, beautiful.

Please, show this to a publisher.
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 18 . 5/5/2013
"My hot ex-boyfriend, gentlemanly as ever, opening fucking car-doors to my very own whore of a little brother – Really. Fell asleep at Tristan's, huh? And, fuck, I always thought it was the most ridiculous excuse ever."

I know Dolph loves Hedda. I know Hedda loves Dolph. But, for the love of GOD, she is being a dense bitch at this moment in time. So caught up in her selfish rage of being "dumped" by a guy who wasn't all that into her, that she fails to see the agony she is causing her baby brother, who is so obviously NOT a whore.

Gotta hate Hedda right now. It's all her fault. Poor Dolph. His self esteem so damned low that he doesn't realize he IS worthy of love, and that Tristan DOES love him, and his mind so disturbed that he fears letting go of "safe and familiar" to embrace "the wonderful unknown" with Tristan by his side. All because he can't believe that Tristan will stay by his side. So tragic, this.
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 15 . 5/4/2013
I love "The Indian in the Cupboard" reference so much, and I love what you did with it. I completely understood what Dolph was trying to do with the little dog, and I was happy his imagination made the dog come to life for him.

If only he could do the same thing with Tristan ... ?
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 14 . 5/3/2013
I love it when writers can write an amazing sex scene without being too damned graphic. I loved all the crazy thoughts going on inside Dolph's head and I knew exactly what was going on outside his head without the (lets face it) usually crude language that amateur writers use when writing about sex.

Bravo.
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 12 . 5/3/2013
Ick. The guest below was me, btw. I forgot I wasn't signed in. :(
Guest chapter 12 . 5/3/2013
As usual, I absolutely LOVE this whole story, but might I suggest:

But then we heard it. A door opening near-by. Closing with a loud slam. Steps in the corridor right outside the stage. And there was no one there.

Change the last sentence to: And no one was there.

If you agree, I think that flows better. Eliminate the unnecessary extra "there."
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
"I'm an insecure writer with a story I'd like people to read?"

What?

You need not be the least bit insecure. You are an excellent storyteller, an amazingly good writer, and people DO like to read your story. Fear not.

"Imaginary Beings" is a gem that has been discovered on FP. Please show it to a publisher, if you haven't already done so, and you will know. I can completely see someone making a movie out of this. It's that good. Seriously.
123 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »