Reviews for Imaginary Beings
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
"Oh God, that's FUCKING BRILLIANT!" :D

I absolutely LOVE how you began this story. Flawless details that don't intrude, but only add to the atmosphere of this world you have created for your already beautifully defined characters. Your words effortlessly flow so that your reader can actually HEAR the voices of those characters. Your language is quite lovely. (Seriously, I'm in love!)

You are an example to follow, demonstrating the wondrous beauty of storytelling. I hope to God you publish this. It is worthy.
Elena chapter 20 . 4/22/2013
I've loved this story. I want it in a leather cover with the title written in gold letters, forever in a privileged place on my shelf. Thanks for writing and sharing. :)
Depth-of-Field chapter 20 . 4/11/2013
I don't even have the words for how amazing this story is. There have been some times when I have just stopped and reread a paragraph over several times and wanted to stop and review and gush at how perfect a scene was (Dolph's little dog in chapter 15, I just. Augh.) but I couldn't stop reading.

And I wanted to slap Dolph sometimes for being so dense and so self pitying, but mostly I wanted Tristan to give him a huge hug and for Dolph to hold him and then IT HAPPENED and this was the best ending ever.

Ever!

This is seriously one of the best things I've ever read, soppy and star-crossed lovers as it is.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/19/2013
Oh my god. This had me sobbing. I love it, I love it, I love it! Especially, the last chapter. I hope you'vr written more about these two. I'll check your stories. Thanks for the read. You really captured something here.
A Reader chapter 20 . 1/4/2013
Your characterization is fantastic. You lead me to sympathize with Dolph and hate Tristan for hurting him, then you made me doubt these initial judgements, then you caused my mind to do a total 180, and then you lead me to acceptance, to understanding, and to statisfaction.

You never followed a set format of writing. I can honestly say that this was a sort of free verse. It was a blend of poetry and prose that worked perfectly together. I'm not sure how you managed it, but I'm glad you did.

And lastly, I'm glad that you're characters didn't get that clear cut ending. I've read the sequel, and honestly, it's right. The fact that you didn't give them a happily ever after makes them more real. Makes your story real. And while I do really beleive that they're soul mates (unless you state otherwise, which I really hope you don't) it's good to know that not everything is sunshine and rainbows in their life. It's real.

That's really the only way I can summarize your story. Real.

Thank you for writing it.
R. Ficst chapter 20 . 11/20/2012
Very wonderful. I loved the story, and your writing truly captured so much emotion. The structure with the parallel past and present moving toward finding out what went wrong, and finding resolution worked quite nicely. I also really enjoyed the fluid, poetic nature of your writing.
Excellent work.
Skyless11 chapter 20 . 8/21/2012
This was amazing. nuff said.
OOOOOr I could start make a whole theory about how awesome you are, but I won't because I know too many have already said it and that I will appear incredibly stupid in doing so, so I'll just say that you're extremely good. A helpless romantic, "starry-eyed" as you say, for whom fate exists, and two destined people is the most perfectly normal scenario. The really nice part about this all: you made it look real, and this is where your talent lies.
Great job.
Sky.
Skyless11 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
*adopting an overtheatrical British accent* Sooo... this was so Britishly-British I puked tea like a sir, bloody cursing with an accent as beautiful as the Queen's xD
Nah I'm joking xD
But it's just so obvious where the story is placed I couldn't not say it xD Don't you find it weird how well known british particularities are known to the world? xD
Anyways.
Will say something competent about this story when I finish it xD So far, good job
Aletiah chapter 20 . 7/26/2012
I fell in love with this story. It's beautiful!
Guest1231 chapter 16 . 7/23/2012
so this is the best chapter so far. It's absolutely brilliant. I finally understand the relationship that Dolph and Triss had.

Can't wait to find out what actually went wrong, I have my theories.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/20/2012
I cried. Thank you.
heyitsstupidme chapter 20 . 7/16/2012
Oh wow. I believe this is one of the best storys I've ever read. I could identify myself with the characters, especially Dolph. He seemed so human and the story realistic. I especially liked the way you describe things and use almost poetic descriptions.
Sometimes, it annoyed me a bit to read the long descriptions, because I wanted to know how it goes on, but it just belonged to the story.
I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for posting it! :)
goudacheese chapter 20 . 6/25/2012
Can I just. Okay, I'm, like, a year late on this (half a year whatever same thing) but this is definitely one of my favorite stories I've ever read on this site. Not least because it almost made me cry - and that is RIDICULOUSLY hard to do; I literally never ever cry when reading/watching things because I'm heartless or something but I could feel myself tearing up reading this and. It's just so good, this is so good.
meep chapter 20 . 5/29/2012
I liked this story - however, thought the angst dragged on for quite a bit too long - kinda skipped through a bunch of the chapters, not gonna lie. I like a little hurt/comfort here and there, but holy cow, is Dolph not the most neurotic and angst-ridden characters I've ever read about. Also, the skipping back and forth between past and present got a little confusing at times.

Overall though, I think you did a really good job of creating two realistic and heartfelt characters, and I love the ending, I'm glad they got to be happy. I agree with Plumblossom, there were many occasions when I wished i could smack Dolph upside the head and tell him to get on with it already.
plumblossom chapter 20 . 5/24/2012
I don't know how I missed reading this as it came out, since I love the other story so much.

These may be the most truly neurotic people I've read about in a long time. I loved Dolph and at the same time I wanted to slap him and tell him to get on with it: always a good sign in a story, I think.
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »