Reviews for Imaginary Beings
Catherine Julia Jefferson chapter 19 . 12/10/2011
So, I waited over a week to read this because I knew it would require time and mental fortitude.

And... I don't even know what to say. I'd actually almost forgotten about the envelope. But... I can't believe there's only one more chapter to go.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 19 . 12/7/2011
I really, totally enjoyed your descriptions. They were perfect. You write like a book of poetry (for lack of a better comparison) Wonderful job. Now STOP the angsting and let Dolph grow some BALLS already! He's pathetic and a crybaby and I was bearing with him, hoping there'd be a valid explanation for his silly behaviour.. Turns out he's been pathetic all along:/ Meh. I'm totally rooting for Tristan now.
green grout chapter 19 . 12/4/2011
Wow, I don’t quite know what to say. I fell into a rabbit hole – no bitchy queens there but a lot of misery. It’s been a while that a story – or a character – captivated me in such a way. I sound like a sissy, but I had a hard time reading this chapter. I began to read. And stopped. I tried again - only to break off mid-sentence. It didn’t help that the accident was expected. Neither did the nonstop falling rain nor that it is dark outside and Christmas is coming, which is always a sensitive time with all the stupid wishes and expectations, nor the fact that I’m a miserable fool myself. Ok, I’m rambling now. Sorry. Poor dumb Dolph really crept into my mind (and no, I don’t complain). I’m sorry for him and for Tricks.

So if this is you being lighthearted, I need to know your depressed side;)

As always, thanks so much. I crave for the last curtain. GG
Round About Parker chapter 19 . 12/1/2011
Oh, wow. I forgot all about the letter... This has been such a heartbreaking, but somehow lovely story so far.
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 19 . 12/1/2011
I feel so sad... I really don't think I can forgive Dolph...wonderful rollercoaster writing though...
green grout chapter 18 . 11/29/2011
Can’t say that I was really surprised. Stupid self-fulfilling prophecies. Stupid poor Dolph. Gosh, I HATE Hedda! And I’m actually annoyed about Dolph’s behavior. Not only ‘cause he doesn’t stand up for Tricks, but also because he doesn’t stand up for himself. I literally yelled at him (yes, I yelled at an imaginary character… oh, my. Well, that it’s what good literature is supposed to do, right? Get you emotionally involved? … Yeah, that’s sounds good. I stick with that). The sad thing is I understand perfectly why he couldn’t act otherwise. Fuck. Capital F.

I once heard that Narcissus wasn’t the self-centered prick pop culture made us believe he was – he just had to stare at each reflection to assure himself that he is still there. Every single action was driven by insecurity. That’s how I see Dolph. He can’t help it. He has to see himself as Grendel (let’s hope Hedda isn’t Beowulf). Every single nasty word pets, grows and feeds his goddamned demons. How can you make yourself believe that someone could love such a creepy thing? Well, I do. Even if I’m mad at him.

So, was that it? I don’t think we’ve already left the danger zone. Well, I'm done with my nonsense.

Tata, GG.
youths chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
hm, I feel like it's a generic beginning, neither here or there to provide the reader with sufficient enough of detail to either keep reading out of pure curiosity or just boredom-although I did enjoy his stay during the train ride.

and come on-who doesn't enjoy reading those romance novels? the cheesy kinds with dashing rakes and debaucherous lifestyles and anything above the ankle is seen as scandalous? :) even if you've read one, it doesn't fail to spark humor and excitement with subsequent readings, ha ha. (of course, speaking for myself.)
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 18 . 11/22/2011
I find myself checking my email just to see if there is a new chapter of this up -

Dolph needs to do some serious making up... and this is realistically done, and it's nicely complicated, but that doesn't stop me from thinking it's time he told the rest of the world to get lost!
Scorned chapter 18 . 11/22/2011
...

I get Hedda, I really do, but at the same time she can be super mean. Her brother did technically 'steal' her boyfriend, but she really didn't have to out him.

-sigh-

So much angst must be bad for the liver or something.
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 17 . 11/13/2011
Love these characters- poor, poor Tristan!- hoping the glimmer of 'hope' keeps glowing!

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Scorned chapter 17 . 11/12/2011
So I kept waiting for this to get a little happier.

And I think it did?

Maybe...

Shrimp died, though. Which was really sad for me. Oh, and my favorite character's Lila, because she seems to be one of the few in this story who doesn't have major issues and isn't a bit annoying :3
Catherine Julia Jefferson chapter 17 . 11/12/2011
This chapter gave me the chills. So haunting lovely tragic and yet I want to hope in spite of myself.
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 16 . 11/5/2011
Gosh, this is breaking my heart.

Somehow I feel I should leave it as that, but also I want to say... that one of the best books I've read recently has a similar premise (a book that's selling well and has great reviews) but I think your story is better...that the only thing that felt was slightly amiss throughout all the chapters was that Dolph didn't realise he was gay until he saw Tristan that time, and I feel a bit of a loser because I can't give you a definite reason as to why that felt amiss...that I've loved reading this and thank you for sharing it...and I really, really hope things work out in the end!

nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 4 . 11/4/2011
I really love this so far. You've really captured a sense of longing and heartache, and since chapter 2 my empathy for Dolph is so much I almost can't bear to find out what has happened, yet I feel have to. Great writing.

Catherine Julia Jefferson chapter 16 . 11/4/2011
Oh goodness. I don't actually know what to say. Except that this story never fails to wake long-dormant ideals and make things lurch in uncomfortably poignant ways.
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »