Reviews for Heaven and Hell
Zane Donovan chapter 19 . 1/19/2012
Finished today. Very well written, gruesome, but realistic, and the gore is not overly dramatized. I am envious of how you catch all the little details taken for granted. Things like a simple itch for instance. Most people look at it as a nuisance we'd rather not have have, instead of a relief we are lucky to feel. The ending was sad but mostly unavoidable. You revealed many truths in life, through a story about death. I applaud you.
Mending the Sky chapter 20 . 1/17/2012
I read this whole story through today, and I gotta say: It was beautiful. I usually despise zombie stories, since that's what everyone seems to be doing now (along with angels and stuff like that) but this one was just different somehow. It pulled me in and made me feel things as I read, and that takes a great writer. Kudos to you. :D
Within My Veins chapter 8 . 12/20/2011
Hmmm... I like the atmosphere. It's very... accurate, I feel, for someone in this situation.

There are some bits that bother me, like chapter 1 where the zombie chomps on 'delicious flesh' though your main character doesn't experience it himself and couldn't have known. You could say that he's looking back at what it might have tasted like, maybe? But in the later chapters this doesn't appear anymore, so it's fine.
S.J. Belz chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
You have a great talent of painting enough of a picture to give the imagination what it needs to fill in the details. That is what great horror is. Letting your imagination tap into your own fear and pushing it onto the page. I liked that the story kept up the tension throughout the story; as well as the confusion as to what is truly happening. My favorite part is the last sentence. The one last innocent description in a sea of scenery that is painted bleak and evil.
key1877 chapter 3 . 9/22/2011
I love how you really hint at the young age of the boy, talking about how frightened he seemed. The turn at the end of the chapter was great, i like that you smoothly made it apparent that this is a memory.
key1877 chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
It made me feel the complete and utter loss of the main character. His attempt to sing happy birthday was a great touch. keep it up!
letitrain1994 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
I have never been fond of zombie stories however this one is quite the attention getter. It is full of imagery and rich language that captivates the reader. I still am not completely won over to the concept of zombies but these seven chapters have slightly changed my perspective on the potential books like these have. Keep writing!
key1877 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
The beginning of this book is a real attention grabber. At first you arent sure what is going on but you cant stop reading. I love how you end the chapter with the giant oak tree. It makes me wonder if that is foreshadowing for something later in the book. i will deffinitly keep reading.
Ric Pike chapter 4 . 9/6/2011
The tone changed greatly in this chapter, and I must say I love it. You continue to surprise me, and I'm glad for every chapter that I read. I never was interested in the "zombie perspective," and honestly wouldn't have read this story if you mentioned it in the description. This piece gives much credit to that deadly breed.

Ric Pike chapter 3 . 9/6/2011
You have an interesting take on the pandemic. I've noticed some inconsistencies with the voice, rather that this doesn't sound like a ten year old speaking, but if this is all a flashback then it's forgivable. I love an author that's not afraid to do what's necessary to the characters.

Ric Pike chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I am once again mesmerized by what appears to be a rare quality: style. And who should I find responsible but one of my favorites, Poe1554! I can't believe this story has no reviews yet! Your work continues to captivate me.