Reviews for Better Late Than Never
Sonia chapter 35 . 4/16/2012
Fantastic story I loved it so much it was so cute and I had to read it all in one go. I cried so much for nola that I couldn't think straight. Again an incredible story thank you so much for writing it.
Sonia chapter 18 . 4/16/2012
It's fine Nola knows the score were just having fun! Agggh I'm gonna rip off gideons balls!
VampireGirl1200 chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Sounds good so far!XD
Kirstie chapter 35 . 4/13/2012
SO good. So freaking good! I wasn't sure as it started off since you jumped right in to them changing things with very little background but man oh man, you write a good story. Excellent. I haven't read Last Minute Lullaby yet (I skipped over the parts in this story that contained mention of it so I wouldn't ruin it lol) and am looking forward to reading it if it even comes close to this one. Thanks for such a glorious read!
KayleneH chapter 35 . 4/7/2012
This was a wonderful story!
witeaya chapter 35 . 3/29/2012
love how u used a cliche concept and turn it into a very captivating story.

gideon was mouth-watering especially with his sweet for words.
witeaya chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
good first chapter. but i wonder was it really love she felt or just infatuation of non reciprocated love?
Atramento chapter 35 . 3/27/2012
I love this story, even though sometimes it feels like its about 70% sex and only thirty% romance. I love the characters and their emotions. There were a lot of times when I did want to yell at them because they were so obviously in love but didn't realize the other felt the same way. The only time I really felt that Gideon acted like an asshole was when he kind of/sort of 'raped' her. She was slightly drunk and he took advantage of her feelings for him. THAT pissed me off. Of course he did irritate me a lot too and I wished she was able to stand up for herself and let go of him without still loving him, so I was very happy in the chapter when she told him to go to hell. Not that I didn't want them to get together of course.

I realize I'm rambling but I really do love this story and its characters. My favorite was the chapter with Mama J's birthday party when they're dancing and acting all sweet. Question though: was Cars and it's lighting McQueen actually out at the time that Liam was in kindergarten? I thought it would have come out later. Just saying. Also, I didn't see any typos (not that I remember anyway) but since Fictionpress goes glitchy in certain areas you should know that when you put words in italics the spaces between the words disappear unless you go back and un-italic the spaces. That happened in your story. There'll be parts were a dramatic sentence ends up as one word.

ANYWAY, I really have rambled now but just saying, loved the story.

~Atramento
Keal chapter 35 . 3/21/2012
Loved this story! The plot was great and each chapter was a good length and written well.
maria ebisan chapter 35 . 3/20/2012
theres one word for this story :

(perfect)

and that's all I'm going to say :D
Ruby.K chapter 35 . 3/17/2012
Yay for happily ever after's! I applaud you for the extremely well thought out of the character's development. I can't wait to read more of your work! (:
InnocentSarcasm chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I am addicted to rookie do you like more Swarek? or Callahan?

Anyways on to more important things I amm enjoying reading about unrequited love.

I really like nola's character because she doen't make it obvious and Gideon I am not really sure about him , I think is because of the whole knowing about the crush thing but I think it'll change as I read more of the story.
Rosie chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie from a website called 'A Drop of Romeo' and your story has been added to our archive under the category of Miscellaneous! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: The story is the whole 'friends-with-benefits' with a twist - Nola has actually been in love with Gideon for years but he's been oblivious. I'm glad it had this twist as it made this story stand out for me. The Third MRN has integrated another cliche in, the 'best-friend's-brother' one, but it has a more mature feel. Thus, their relationship is complicated. They're not in university or high school but out in the real world with jobs. Nola is a darling, with a character that is both supremely strong and endearing. I found it very unique and loved how she could properly conceal her feelings. I like how it's very much based on reality. Nola has had to raise her ten year old brother by herself for most of his life and also runs a pub, so this grounds her and has given her a lot of responsibility. Gideon, on the other hand, makes you want to bash your head against a door - in a good way though, if that's possible. He is both parts loveable and infuriating.

The Third MRN gives him a distinct character and writes him very very well. The same goes for all her characters and she writes even the minor ones in great detail. I loved Bridget, Mike, Yair and all the other characters that work in Nola's bar, each with a distinct personality. 'Better Late Than Never' is written in both perspectives, which she has done well as it is interesting and not repetitive. The story has a great structure with four different parts, each signalling a different stage of Nola and Gideon's relationship. There are absolutely no errors in her writing and it is very easy to read. The author has also managed to evoke emotion from the reader through her writing, making her story difficult to stop reading. Despite being incomplete at the moment, the author updates very frequently and it should be finished fairly soon!
sarah.evangelina chapter 29 . 2/27/2012
I absolutely loved this. Yeah, there were times when I wanted to punch his face...but I loved it. Definately one of my favorites from this site.
3DarkGoddess3 chapter 35 . 2/26/2012
Great story! I loved all of the characters.
651 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »