Reviews for Still home of the brave
True Talker chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
You made me think and cry because of "safety" and other words. This day SHOULDN'T have happened too many lives lost and too many broken hearts. It is good that people were more united however couldn't have that been before this and without this happening? On this day I was in my mother's backyard and I had ONLY slightly heard things because it was easy to hear the neighbours with their window opened. I was clearing out stuff for my mother in her backyard and once I had heard something I had decided to go inside and turn on the tv. It was surreal with what they show in tv and movies I was thinking "This is happening for real. I can't believe that this is happening for real." Was it that I didn't think that it was? NO. It was that it was TOO HORRIBLE to think of the fact that people were experiencing this. I was glued to the tv and I was crying. I was thinking of those in the buildings and on the planes. I was thinking that NO ONE deserved to go through this. And I was thinking about their loved ones. I was thinking about the Police officers and Firefighters that went inside those buildings those too that were around the buildings. I was crying and wishing for the outcome to be reversed. Why? Because NO one deserved to go through this. People lost brothers, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, husbands and wives, and friends on that day. Too MANY people lost their lives and I also thought of what the people on the planes were going through during all of this - What eveyone did REALLY. I thought of the fear that they had felt and I thought of the loss that their loved ones had felt. I thought of the group of people that worked together or so it had been reported in order to prevent an even worse disaster.

If I know one thing I KNOW THIS - NO one should have died on that day and DEFINITELY NOT in such a horrible way. What should it be then? People DESERVE to live their lives and to know of love to know that they are loved because they themselves can feel it. That is what people should experience the knowledge to know that they are wanted and loved and FOR REAL.

Yes, Rest In Peace to all of those that had died on that day. Thinking about it - yes it makes me cry FOR REAL. However the tears that I express are NOTHING compared to the tears of those that have lost loved ones and the pain of those that had died felt. REALLY.

Thank you for sharing this because on that day - How were things REALLY FOR YOU? What do I mean? I have NO idea where you were and what you were going through then. What do I mean? I HOPE that you had people there for you. REALLY. SERIOUSLY. Why do I type this? Because when there is loss on a large scale such as this - it does indeed have an affect on people and it would be good to know that you had people there for you too. As that is what I would want for everyone. Really.
Immortal Sina chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Wow, this is...wow. It's beautiful. I was only three during 9/11, but I will always keep those who perished and their loved ones in my mind. Thank you for writing this. It's simply amazing. People who grieved would love it, too.

God Bless America
morgo7kc chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
This is wonderful!
kunf'you'z-ed chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Okay, i was listening to a song about 9/11 and this little girl was talking to her dad in a letter and didn't realize her dad was dead, then 5 years later she was in 5th grade and said she missed him and everything, then this year she said that she hopes he is proud of her and that he will watch her walk down the aisle and get her diploma. And i cried soo much and this reminded me of it and i started crying again. You should listen to it. It's called Heaven by DJ Sammy 9/11 2011 tribute version.