Reviews for la casa delle rane
Insanity Streak chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
This is a lovely, well-written poem. I found it a tad complex, however, I think I have the main gist of it. :) For me, this is about contradictions and half-truths; "just a semi-circular truth" Saying one thing, doing another thing, and then the thing that one actually wants. She (the voice of this piece) says she wants to drown surrounded by her homelands, is walking on the sidewalk with her dress hiked up yet in fact just wants to be alone. The thing that made this piece complex for me is that, well, which one of these three options does she want.

I really like the lush green imagery within the piece too. I think the title is quite fitting for it, The House of the Frogs. (Also, just curious, do you study italian or was the title just for creative purposes?)

I think you have some beautiful lines within this piece. My two favourites are 'semi-circular truth' and 'being a full moon female.' They have such a lovely ring to them.

The only thing I have to pick at is in the fourth line: iris' - from my understanding it seems that you are intending it to mean the plural of one iris which would be irises. Iris' has the meaning of ownership. If that is what you meant, I am truly sorry for interpreting that wrong.

All in all, I found this a very polished piece of poetry.
in theory chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
"full moon female" is so lovely. Such a mournful, but elegant piece...I picture a widow here.

Also, what happened to your punctuation? It's one of the things I used to enjoy the most from you! Don't abandon yourself to the new norm!

Jack ;)