Reviews for Hitting Hard
Guest chapter 110 . 10/11/2012
Most definitely you shall fill in the gaps! On one hand you have a pregnant Kim on an airplane and here with 3 kids. How did she get from there to here with casefic-type details, please. How did she get from NCIS to Under-Secretary? If not, we'll send Abby after you. She can kill and leave no forensic clues :)

As always, I really enjoyed this book. Speaking of books, are you working on another, print book soon? I need another fix and there aren't many really good writers out there with your skill at plots and characters.
chiroho chapter 110 . 10/11/2012
I'm guessing from what you write that Anderson's son has the pro-basketball career that his father never did? Guess it's definitely in the genes, though seven foot tall is pretty massive! Custom beds, shoes, clothes ... very expensive. And his daughter in Olympic beach volleyball? You really were savouring the flights of fancy here, weren't you? D

I think Kim really can't survive without Anderson - though only being a Colonel after 30 years in the Corps doesn't seem like he went as far as he might have done. I mean, I know Colonel is a significant achievement, and I guess very few people can make it into General ranks, but it's a long time to stay in at that rank. Of course, it's probably Simple who made General.

That said, if he's been working on Kim's staff for the last 8 years, perhaps that's why he never made the jump to General grade.

What a shock. Kim's daughter deliberately making life difficult for her brother. I would _never_ have expected that. ;-)

When I played soccer, we never counted assists. The goal scorer was the goal scorer. You might get a pat on the back for a good pass, but that was about it. How things change.

And yes, a heck of a way to end it, but I can certainly see why you're done! That's been a HECK of a lot of writing since you published the first chapter over a year ago. And at 225,000 words it's a monster! I quake at the thought of even writing 10K words. Anyway, congratulations on finishing, and of course look forward to seeing how you develop the NCIS story on FFN, but know at least a few gaps will be filled in there along the way. Maybe one day you can get back to Kim and Jeff's life together.

Thanks for writing. I definitely enjoyed reading.
shulesaddict77 chapter 110 . 10/11/2012
You know how much I love Kim and Jeff and your stories about them. I hope you'll come back to them at some point. I will never get tired of them. Thank you for writing this amazing story.
shulesaddict77 chapter 109 . 10/11/2012
Amazing chapter. It's great to see how strong their marriage still is and that Jeff is standing behind her no matter what she decides. I liked the last paragraph very much. :-)
chiroho chapter 109 . 10/11/2012
There is NO WAY IN HECK that Kim and Jeff wouldn't have a bratty daughter, for at least one of them anyway. She'd just take after Kim too much.

I'm sure that Jeff does some real work _sometimes_, between golf games anyway.

Only four hours at the gym? Seems like the 16 year olds on the US Olympic team this year basically pulled out of school and spent all their time training. Can't say I'd want that. Though, if built like Kim, Pup is definitely the right sort of build for a gymnast.

Okay, if these guys were in their late 20s in 2012, they're only 50 now, not ancient. As someone who is already into their 40s, there are plenty of people I know who don't need afternoon naps in order to not feel tired at the end of the day! :P

Still no women as President by 2033? You've have expected someone to make it by that point, though I guess being VP is better than nothing.

It definitely would be tough on the kids. And the angle not mentioned here is that, if the kids were in the service, they'd have to be very careful where they were posted. I mean look at the British royal family serving - they kept Prince Andrew's service in the Falklands closely guarded, and especially Harry's service in Iraq/Afghanistan. The British press agreed not to publish anything about it, and when an American outed him he had to return to the UK for fear of jeopardising the rest of his unit because of people trying to take pot shots at him. Sydney and Jack would have a very difficult time serving overseas if Kim were the VP. One thing being on a ship, and another on the ground somewhere.

Nice recap on the situation with Jeff and Steph, and how and why they ended up splitting. I thought, more than anything, it was a difference in politics from the beginning. And it would stick it to Steph for Jeff's wife to be nominated as a Republican VP rather than a Mass. Democrat. D
chiroho chapter 108 . 10/11/2012
Well this is certainly a HUGE jump in time frame. 21 years? Sheesh! This isn't an epilogue. It's practically science fiction! ;) Have to say though, that reading through the epilogue did kind of make me think just a touch of Mary Sue-ness, what with Kim being an Under Secretary of Defence and all. Still, I'm willing to go with it and see what happens, because you've never done anything like that elsewhere before!

Took me a while to catch on to the fact that Kim only refers to her kids using nicknames.

Sounds about right that Kim's daughter is more into clothing than she is. And I'm sure Pup appreciates it that her sister's going to help with the dress shopping!

2033 and they still can't remove brain tumours? Where's Dr Crusher when you need her?

It's an interesting comment that nobody who really wants the position would campaign for it, yet most of our Presidential candidates seem to feel into the boat of wanting it! Which is why at elections it always seems to come down to two less than wonderful choices. Of course, the public keeps voting for what they're used to, not what they necessarily need or want.

Aya Tomblin is a famous actress? Sorry Sashile, but we're down the rabbit hole with Alice now. ;-)

Still, I can't say that I'd blame her. If offered, it would have to be a tempting position - even if a large chunk of what you do seems pretty much ceremonial.
chiroho chapter 107 . 10/11/2012
Given that your BlackBerry automatically adjusts to time zones, at least my one does, it's not THAT hard to pull it out and check the time. Then again, when you're really tired, sometimes you do just end up sitting there and staring at nothing. Usually only happens to me after really long international flights though. Not in the line of work that requires staying up that long usually. Unless it's a red eye, which I hate.

Nice that Michael comes to visit, though Kim could definitely have led with "nothing life threatening". I guess your brain really doesn't work when you're that tired.

Well that's certainly an end to the whole Vince Spivey story line that I wasn't expecting! A random encounter at the hospital, followed by a very tired Kim chasing him down and tackling him. Wonder what the fallout of that actually was! Or why he was even in the hospital in the first place. :-)

You can tell that Jeff has been hanging out with Kim too much based on his reaction to the ortho resident. I can see his point though. While it's nice having people visit, sometimes you really may just want to be on your own for a while. I'm sure he has a LOT of reading to catch up on!

So nice to be able to get together with all their friends again, as I think it's been a couple of years since some of them had been together. Kim is rather low though in planning it for him and just setting him up.

Of course, that payback comes with Kim having to sing Lady Gaga. Of which I know basically nothing personally in the way of songs. But I can see why the words make Jeff grin. D
chiroho chapter 106 . 10/11/2012
I guess there are disapproving nurses wherever you go. Though I'm sure there are just as many forgiving ones. And it's not like Kim is _that_ big. ;-)

Tony really does play well at having people underestimate him. I miss the Tony DiNozzo who was so far ahead of Kate towards the end of the second season of the show that she had just no explanation for how he got there - and Gibbs just found it amusing.

Seems like Tony is definitely getting the worst of the treatment. Then again, he's one of the few who wasn't actually vaccinated.

Bad Kim, giving away things like the NCIS team in LA. Though, to be honest, that always seemed the most bizarre thing to me. Though what they do barely even seems tangential to the Navy or Marine Corps most of the time. Any excuse for a spin off, I suppose.

At least Jeff is able to remember the person who threatened him - though it's not surprising that he'd have no issues with remembering who that was. I can't imagine it would be easy to forget. Of course, whether that guy is still somewhere in the US is a different question.

Jeff makes a good point. They've been together while deployed, but really not much in person. It can make a BIG difference. I don't see them having too many problems out of the ordinary though. :)

Thanks, as always, for writing.
chiroho chapter 105 . 10/11/2012
Always tough sitting in a waiting room, waiting to see what's happening with someone you love, especially when they're as hurt as Jeff obviously was - even though he wanted to be on his feet.

You have that Tony is "formally the SFA" when I think it should be "formerly the SFA". Unless he's wearing black tie. ;-)

Nice to see that Kim can talk to Tony, even though she really hasn't known him very long at this point. And yes, it is good that Ziva can transfer to run the office there, but managing Cohan is obviously not easy. Though she seems to manage pretty well!

Bummer that, at this point at least, the doctor isn't optimistic that Jeff will be able to walk without a limp.

I seem to recall the scene of Jeff making room for Kim on the bed, a "Kim sized space". Or am I imagining that? Maybe I just read the chapter a while ago and only just got around to reviewing it. Nice that they can actually have some time together though, especially as it's been so long since they'd even talked.
chiroho chapter 104 . 10/11/2012
Woefully behind with my reviews here. Spend one week travelling and in 8-7 meetings, followed by team dinners, and it totally messes up what you think you're going to get done.

So this is obviously the scene anyone who had read previous NCIS stories would be spoiled for if they'd read them previously. Although we got this from Ziva's POV previously, and now it's from Jeff's, which does make a difference - though both characters noticed that Shava was being very casual with her shooting, and basically was killing everyone in sight. Always did wonder what happened to Cohen during this scene. Convenient that he couldn't get the drop on Shava.

Obviously Ziva is more than smart enough to put this together pretty quickly.

And Ziva never misses, though apparently Shava is not so good.

I guess when you're in a prison camp, you do have a lot of time for thinking. In this instance Jeff knows that he wants to say what Kim has been stopping him saying for years - that he loves her. And that his career isn't more important than that. And about time!
Balou chapter 110 . 10/11/2012
Hi! One of your best stories yet! I love the way you write about the continuing life of Kim and Jeff, and the way it sounds very realistic. They were not perfect, they argue and they make up. A lovely way of describing their life - And I can't wait to read more (both here and on FFN)
merryann chapter 110 . 10/11/2012
Very nicely done! I've enjoyed it all and am sorry to see it end. Hopefully we'll see more of Kim and Jeff down the line. I'll bet she continues to have adventures as vice president . . . would love to hear about them *Ü*
Guest chapter 109 . 10/8/2012
I was kind-of wondering about Spivey...now, is she going to take the job? I hope so.
shulesaddict77 chapter 108 . 10/6/2012
Wow, Kim as Vice President? I would have never thought of that. But she would be definitely be refreshing. I can't wait to read the story about what happened in the years between the last chapter and the epilogue.
DD200 chapter 108 . 10/5/2012
OMG! that can't be an epilogue, because that would mean it's over! That's like...a first chapter! Now I want to read more! Hope you continue!
288 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »