Reviews for Hitting Hard
shulesaddict77 chapter 65 . 5/4/2012
Didn't expect Stephanie to show up. But I'm glad she apologized for how things ended between them. I don't remember right now, but did they ever say ILY to each other? It just makes me sad to hear Jeff telling other people that he is in love with Kim but can't be with her.
shulesaddict77 chapter 64 . 5/4/2012
Oh, the last paragraph was so sad. I hope Jeff won't crack in Fallujah.
CanadianChick07 chapter 65 . 5/3/2012
Yup, awesome as always. I've read 90% of your stories and Hitting Hard is definitely one of my favorites. I certainly didn't expect Stephanie Bradley to be showing up. You did an awesome job of writing the meeting of Jeff and Stephanie. (I wish I was that calm when it came to my exes. Think Miranda Lambert "Crazy Ex Girlfriend")
chiroho chapter 65 . 5/3/2012
It took me a while to realise who Stephanie Bradley was - in fact practically down to paragraph 5 when you said "former fiancée". Apparently I'm rather oblivious, or simply don't remember well. So it was a bit of a bolt from the blue given how long it's been since she "appeared" in your stories. And I actually wondered for a while exactly how this was going to play out (at first thought she might have simply been someone Jeff picked up, so how's that for screwy logic!)

(BTW, I think you're missing a word in the first part of the last sentence of the first paragraph as you have "Although she once thought she'd moving out to the beaches ...". Perhaps it's "enjoy" before "moving"?)

It's testament to just how different Stephanie and Jeff are that she has no idea what a SIG is (and I believe that SIG should be capitalised since it's an acroynm for Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft), let alone that Jeff has a gun safe.

Regardless of how things ended, and it really was the most horrible way to do a Dear John, at least she's taking the time to show up in person, tell Jeff she's getting married, and apologise for what she did. And given that she's in Boston and he's in San Diego, that's pretty much about as far as you can go within the lower 48, and it takes time. Especially since if she'd showed up a couple of days earlier he wouldn't have been there!

Thought it was going to be John Ryan for a second. (Of "Red October" fame.

Ha! Joining one of the most overpaid and over-representative legislative bodies in the world - the government of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Bunch of corrupt so and so's, nearly all of them! (I work in MA, so I'm allowed to say these things. ;)

Nice to see that Jeff is at least able to rationally analyse his relationship with Kim, and explain what it's all about and what Kim really means to him. I'd actually like to see Kim try and do the same rationalisation about Jeff.

And again, despite what happened, it's nice to see that Stephanie really does want the best for Jeff. She has no concept of his job, what he really does (apart from the fact that she wanted to marry a doctor), or even really what motivates him, but she still wants to see him happy. It's unusual in former relationships these days, but nice to see.
LimeJuiceTub chapter 65 . 5/3/2012
Hi again! I enjoyed reading this chapter. It felt like a solid conclusion and resolved the relationship between Stephanie and Jeff. In a way, it was more real than some of the chapters with Steph in it in Falling on Unyielding Ground. I found it very hard to like Steph as a character in that story and couldn't see what Jeff, a genuinely likeable character, saw in her. But I think this chapter closes it off nicely and shows more about why Jeff fell in love with her in the first place.
Dr. JES chapter 64 . 4/30/2012
Another nice chapter! I like the adultness they both showed in their conversation. For once, neither of them ran from their feelings and wants and needs. I'm interested to see the change in Kim the most, because she doesn't like needing anyone. Again, another great chapter.
chiroho chapter 64 . 4/30/2012
Wow. Kim and Jeff, lying in bed together, actually talking like adults. It's almost scary! Certainly unusual either way. Though I guess that perhaps this is them doing a little bit of growing up that they need to do, and facing the fact that they do feel something for each other, but aren't going to be anywhere near each other for the foreseeable future, what with Kim being in Bahrain, and Jeff doing a fellowship in San Diego. Doesn't make for any sort of closeness - though my crystal ball suggests a closeness before they expect it to happen. ;-)

The biggest surprises are them not arguing about this, and Kim asking Jeff to come to WA state with her. Perhaps she has an inkling that he's getting much closer to her family? Or maybe she really does think that he provides a buffer she wouldn't otherwise have which keeps everyone on better behaviour than if it was just her. Either way, that says a lot.

I guess the whole deployment really does have Jeff seriously worried since he's focusing on some of the darker aspects of what is happening, and the fact that he doesn't know how he's going to survive. I'm sure you have things planned already, but hopefully it's not too rocky a road. I know that at least once he gets to hit the beach with Kim, anyway.
chiroho chapter 63 . 4/26/2012
Interesting t-shirt. Is that something you've actually seen before? I'm guessing yes, but you never know.

I know when I got married quite a while ago, the photographer was expensive. So much so that when my brother got married about 9 years later, the guy was totally unaffordable. Did an awesome job though. Posing in front of those photographs? Totally not fun!

Love how Jeff is such a guy there. Charming.

Even I can work out what Simple's mother is so happy about - she didn't know if he'd survive to ever be married.

Kim is actually looking for someone to take photos of her while she's dressed up? Must be the Japanese in her creeping through.

It's amazing how quickly your wedding flies past. You do some things, and all of a sudden it's over. Even the reception seemed to fly by.

Would not have been good if the bride and groom went for a spill. No matter that they've been welcomed to the other service.

Who would want to change their name to Simple, given the choice?

Where I come from, there's always a moment where the bride and groom go down a line leading to the exit so they can be congratulated again before they leave. Nobody else leaves before the bride and groom. Guess it's different in the US?
Dr. JES chapter 63 . 4/26/2012
I love how you make us care about characters that we have never even met. I feel like I can picture them on a tv screen and I am watching them as I read (which makes the rated M parts a little hairy :) I'm glad for Simple and Colleen. And yea, Rodriguez is finally getting a boy (I hope they are done now!) And just enough Kim and Jeff (they left together, hmmmm?) Anyway, nice job - thanks for writing :)
FPUDPT2013 chapter 62 . 4/24/2012
Hey Sashile. I've been a long time reader (I started all the way back with your NCIS stories ), but this is my first time reviewing. I just wanted to let you know that your attention to detail and the in depth character interactions are great. Your writing keeps me coming back for more.

I think this might be one of my favorite chapters from this story. I love the verbal play between Mox, Jeff, and Kim throughout the chapter. And then finding such an incredible way to work in Kim's family history. I like the interaction between Kim and her grandfathers and how you have her explain their thoughts on their service. Overall this is a great chapter in an amazing story.

Even though I have read Falling on Unyielding Ground and know how Jeff and Kim end up, I am still loving every second of how they ended up where they did. Keep up the good work.
chiroho chapter 62 . 4/23/2012
Is it just me, or is this chapter a touch longer than most?

Nice to see Jeff, Mox, and Kim trading barbs over military educational facilities. I imagine that's something that's no different in many ways than a regular college education.

A friend of mine's son is at Norwich at the moment - I think close to wrapping up his Sophmore year. From what I understand, it's absolutely no picnic, at least if you're attending the military side of the college. It's actually not that far from me - maybe a couple of hours drive. I guess they offer a lot of online courses?

Awww, nice to know that Jeff appreciates Kim's grandparents meeting. ;-)

Nice way to work in the history of Kim's family with a military history degree. (I went to college to study History, and came up with a degree in Computer Science and Pure Mathematics. Don't ask. Of course, there was no choice for Military History else I may well have stayed with that!)

Random locations you've had sex? Hmm, I guess military conversations are different as that's not one I've ever had!

Hey! Us Aussies don't owe anything to any Yanks! (Okay, save perhaps for the Coral Sea.) We did it all the hard way in New Guinea, no thanks to Dugout Doug hiding as far away from the front as he could.

It's nice that Kim has such a good relationship with her grandfathers. I never really knew either of mine - one died 5 years before I was born, the other when I was 2.

Had to laugh at how Kim's disrespectful attitude is so at odds with Mox's. But I like how she finishes things with explaining to him what they felt they did. Maybe she and Jeff will grow up one day too ... D
Ram Attra chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
I love this story the characters the deatail the stroy line and the title of the story!

man if i was a publisher this would have been on the shelfs a long time ago.

and i have a litle bit of luck here since someone is so amazing can you reveiw my story and possibly give some feed back for improvement or good thing in the story :)

Mate but this story has nothing wrong with and you shall cary on!
Walkingonsunshine83 chapter 61 . 4/20/2012
I've been a long time reader (from your NCIS stories at ffnet) and I finally made a user name here so I could review! I really love the depth of the characters you've created and the story that you've woven together. Its fun knowing how the story will end from reading your other stories and seeing how you will accomplish that with this, despite how things look for Jeff and Kim at the moment. Thanks for sharing!
chiroho chapter 61 . 4/19/2012
Good to remember that it's possible for Simple to look almost normal when he's wearing pants. I guess that would be even more so if someone wasn't as badly injured.

Despite the fact that Jeff is playing it down, I'd imagine that there's a lot more likely to happen with his deployment with the Recon Marines (1st Recon?) than he's letting on. Not the least of which is the training exercise.

I imagine that, after coming back from Iraq a second time, Jeff is going to have just as rough a time as the first time around. Perhaps different in terms of what the problems are, but they'll be there. And I can't imagine that he's certainly not going to be any fonder of crowds!

I'd imagine that meeting an aircraft carrier must be an absolute zoo. So many people!

Kim is not one to give up on anything easily - even carrying her sea bag!

I think that Jeff knows full well he isn't imagining the tension in the room. I mean, he's "dated" (if that's code for slept with) other people, so wouldn't he imagine the same was true of Kim? But definitely more awkward for Sadoz - meeting the guy that Kim couldn't commit to you because of.

At least Kim handled being deployed afloat better than DiNozzo did. They really made him very whiny in that whole situation - far more so than seemed appropriate. Ah well, all said and done now.
Dr. JES chapter 61 . 4/19/2012
I like how Jeff picked up on the tension with Sadoz. I wonder if him asking about it will create more tension...hmmmmm :)
288 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »