Reviews for Hitting Hard
sheila.bundy chapter 103 . 9/13/2012
Wow-even re-runs of what you've already covered get a new and interesting slant. Thanks!
chiroho chapter 103 . 9/13/2012
Creeping closer to the end of the story. Frankly I'm not surprised at all with how difficult juggling two stories is turning out to be. I can't even write one at a time, let alone more than one! Of course, sometimes the job just makes that sort of thing slow.

Looks like Americans are still super popular in Yemen!

I cannot imagine what Jeff is going through, just being in a place and not having any idea when or where he is, waiting to see if someone is going to show up who is going to beat you, hoping that somehow you'll be found useful enough to be left alive - though to what future is uncertain.

Does he really damn Kim for getting in his head?

At least, for now, Jeff has a use in being able to help with Anthrax medications.

Ah, that wonderful morning in which Kim finds Burley's body. I guess we never saw it from her POV before, so it's nice to get that. As I recall, we weren't even really introduced to Kim until later in the story, and what a change happened there!

This, of course, does not bode well for the crime scene supervision done by Dunham. No wonder things were screwed up when Gibbs' team arrived!

Really? Only "much, much" more complicated? She obviously doesn't know she's going to end up in a cell pretty quickly!

Thanks as always for writing. Have a great weekend.
shulesaddict77 chapter 103 . 9/13/2012
Enjoyed this week's updates. Now we are at the beginning of "The Price of Honesty", right? Looking forward to the next chapter and don't stress yourself out. If you can't update this story twice in a week no one is gonna hunt you down. :-)
sheila.bundy chapter 102 . 9/10/2012
Wow! Ratchet up the tension and then leave us hanging. You are also doing an outstanding job of tying this into what you have already written. In a way, it's like finding missing back story to a favorite story. Thanks for keeping us on edge in two different story lines at once.
chiroho chapter 102 . 9/10/2012
Nice to see a bit of an update from the tallest of Kim's friends. Though tall people don't always end up with super large kids. My brother is 6'3" and his wife 5'9" and their daughter is definitely no larger than the 25th percentile for height and weight. You just never know.

Always amazing how this hard core Marines turn into the softest touch dads in the world. Well, until their kids start razing hell and then dad is someone you definitely don't want to cross. ;-)

Ha! Someone else to keep track of Colleen and Simple. I'm sure they'd enjoy having someone else in the area. It's getting to be a quite a bit of a re-gathering of people from their original unit.

And years after it started, Kim's first case finally catches a break with LeBlanc being captured. He must be REALLY stupid to drive a mobile meth lab over the border. Of course, when driving into the US you only go through customs on the American side - as I did recently when driving back into the US at Niagara Falls. And all they really do is look at your passport. Didn't even glance at my car!

Interesting that this all links back to San Diego. Though shame on Kim for not having thoughts of Jeff when that comment came up!

Good to see that Kim has some of the same issues with Cohen that even Ziva does. Though of course Ziva is likely way to enigmatic for Kim in her own way.

Interesting that Kim has an open bottle of bleach on the counter! From cleaning up after killing Burley perhaps? ;-)

LOL at Kim being so outraged that Mossad had bugged her office. What did she expect? They probably have the entire building bugged.

And now I guess the thing that prompted Shava killing Burley rolls around - Mossad reading NCIS into the fact that they've found Hoskins. And all because Tomblin insisted that he come and do it officially in the office. It's amazing how things work together, isn't it?

Have to say, Cohen is amazingly antagonising, isn't he? I'd almost like to see a story highlighting his antics around the place. :)

Thanks for writing!
chiroho chapter 101 . 9/10/2012
So it seems that Jeff starts off with a lovely conversation with Lt. Hoskins. Apparently not only concerned that he's betrayed his country, he also has no qualms blaming someone else for the death of his son even though he's the one that sent the anthrax spores in the rug back to his son who couldn't afford exposure to any sickness. But _obviously_ not his fault.

It astounds me how little responsibility people are willing to take. Though I think what you capture is quite realistic. But how on earth was Hoskins expecting to see his son again anyway since he'd gone AWOL?

Nice evasive answer to the question about Kim's whereabouts. Though this guy seems to be great about answering the question asked, but not the meaning behind it. An English language thing?

Apparently these guys haven't been paying attention to shows like "Person of Interest" enough. They should be able to clone phones just by getting close enough - no need to pull it out of someone's pocket. ;) At least Jeff remembers the event where he misplaced his phone.

At least Jeff is alive, if injured. Could have been a lot worse!

And now he realises that they really don't have Kim. Bit late, unfortunately.

While we know how this will play out, Jeff is still in a very tough situation. No wonder he's even wondering here whether both of them will survive.

Thanks for writing!
shulesaddict77 chapter 101 . 9/8/2012
Wow, now the race for Kim to find him has begun. I'm looking forward to find out how Jeff is handling the time he is held captive until Kim arrives to rescue him.
sheila.bundy chapter 60 . 9/6/2012
Decided to read this again while waiting for something new. Enjoying it as much the second time around. Thanks.
sheila.bundy chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I needed another fix from your stories. Unfortunately, they hang together better than the NCIS TV series. And are addicting.
chiroho chapter 100 . 9/3/2012
Wow, chapter 100. Congratulations! And you must have the end in sight here, since we're getting pretty close to the time stream of other stories.

And was it my suggestion that we're seeing the Moxes and Simple's? Or were you going to go that way anyway? :)

LOL that Zach Mox managed to drag Simple to the "Doctor's Wives Club". I guess he really must be a doctor's wife, after all. I'm sure he loves that label, even if he does enjoy the food and get to hang out with Zach once a month. Can't be too bad.

One of the things I would never have thought about the merger of Walter Reed and NNMC would be problems with what the doctor's wore around the hospital. I guess the Navy are far less forgiving of boots and BDU's - they want official khaki's. The parking though, that's definitely something I would have expected, even if the geniuses in administration did not.

Ah, five year olds and portable electronic devices. Didn't have to go through that, fortunately, since my youngest was 9 at the time of this story. He did/does have a DSi, but it's not the same. And we don't let them use our phones for anything.

Of course, since you started writing this we've had people like Oscar Pistorius qualify for the regular Olympics, in addition to the Paralympics, even though he lost both legs below the knee at 11 months old. Even though he didn't win anything, the simple fact that he qualified was astounding. Of course, now he'll likely be known for whining because another Paralympian beat him in the 200m and he's complaining about the length of the other athlete's prosthetics giving him a significant advantage. So obviously it would be very cool if Simple could join the DoD's elite athlete program.

I still don't understand the blue camouflage BDU's. Exactly what are they supposed to be camouflaged from?

Does that place actually exist? Not that I'm ever likely to go there, but the Belgian beer sounds good.

And it's strange that, even though his closest friends haven't heard from Jeff in a couple of weeks, nobody seems really worried. I guess that's what military life does for you - you can't keep track of the people that you care about unless you're actually posted with them. If only someone had realised he was missing earlier, Stan Burley might yet still be alive.

I don't think that Siobhan and Colleen were the only ones who figured that the Jeff and Kim story would never end. Pretty sure all their friends felt the same.

Well, looking forward to seeing how you conclude the story!
shulesaddict77 chapter 100 . 9/3/2012
It might not happen in real life but since this is fiction I'm thankful that it will happen in the future. :-) Congrats to the 100th chapter.
LimeJuiceTub chapter 100 . 9/3/2012
Hi again. Hope you're having a good vacation.

So... Siobhan is being deployed on a ship? This links back to the story where she was injured because of the explosion on the ship. I'm always amazed at how all these details in your stories link up. You must have an amazingly detailed timeline, with everything planned out.
shulesaddict77 chapter 99 . 9/1/2012
And now it has started. I can't remember that they've showed Jeff a pic of Kim behind bars. How did they manage that? Photoshop? I can't wait to read more.
chiroho chapter 99 . 8/30/2012
Knew this chapter was coming, but wasn't sure that you'd jump straight to it from March - although you have been doing some significant jumps forward in time in the last few chapters. Guess that's what happens when your two main characters aren't having much interaction and you're approaching the end of the story. Of course, I do wonder what's happened to Colleen and Simple, how he's handling the new job, and now that it's about a year since the issues with her first pregnancy, are they trying again? Haven't seen much of several other characters of late. Will you be wrapping them up in this story? Or is that for another time? Just askin' D

If Jeff runs the same route to the naval base, can't imagine that he'd be that hard to follow. That and approaching him a block or so from home is likely a good location.

Jeff should know that if they have Kim behind bars, which I know they don't based on the other story, she'd be bloodied and beaten because there is no way that she'd ever go there willingly, and she'd be awfully hard to take herself - even if she was approached on a run. Just standing there in her NCIS clothes looking not happy wouldn't feel right. Of course, I guess you can never take that chance.

The whole conversation between Jeff and this guy is too funny. He'd must be the sort of bumbling character that they throw on network crime shows that you wonder how on earth they even managed to get into crime in the first place. I mean, is this guy really the best that the terrorists could muster? No wonder they were taken down by Ziva and Cohen on their own.

I guess it's to be expected, but it's pretty sad that nobody even questions Jeff's bogus leave request, or even notices anything unusual in the application. Then again, that's probably true for any place where you're just a cog in the machine.

All that said though, it's very chivalrous of Jeff to offer himself for the woman he loves - and we know he loves her, no matter what the content of their last conversation.
shulesaddict77 chapter 98 . 8/29/2012
I knew they would start to argue and I'm sure Jeff feels betrayed that she didn't act like his friend in the first place but as a NCIS agent.
288 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »