Reviews for Someone Like You
The Latest Plague chapter 4 . 12/1/2011
oh my, dear goodness. i just realized this is the modern day persuasion story you were talking about writing. (now thinking about it, maybe i should have paid more attention to your authors notes so as to not get 4 chapters in and then come to the realization. Would have saved time, for sure.)
PamC chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
I am so excited for this. I’ve been gorging on P&P for quite awhile and just started to get into Persuasion and voila, here this lovely story is after I ingested The Rules of Engagement (which I commented/begged on AHA for the sequel). I love your mad skills on dialogue. I was laughing out loud in certain parts. I hope you find the time to write this as well as post/write sequel for TROE.

Pam

P.S. appreciate the Asian inclusion, I had noticed it in TROE as well. fist bump (really, a 36 y.o. mom of 2 should be too embarrassed to say that but seemed most appropriate)
ilovecheesecakes chapter 4 . 10/15/2011
Please update. Pretty please? With cherries on top? :)
myrrine chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Ohh, just my luck-Persuasion is my favourite Austen novel. :)
Lady R chapter 4 . 10/6/2011
Filipinos in the house! I love it, being part Filipina as well. Sounds like the beginnings of another great story. Glad to see that you are posting again. Don't know home many times I've read ROE and that IG4L.
ryse chapter 4 . 10/2/2011
I was surprised when I found out that Dianne was actually a Filipino - but then again, wasn't Ant an Asian? Anyway, doesn't matter (I'm actually mostly Filipino).

I'm actually quite interested how you're going to twist the plot to fit in a modern-day Persuasion...but goodness, I imagine Luke to look /almost/ exactly like Rupert Penry-Jones (in other words, amazingly good looking exuding an air of apparent nonchalance).
ilovecheesecakes chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I'm hooked! I've read 'The Rules of Engagement' and it was great. I'm glad you're writing a new story. Though it's not the sequel to TROE, still I'm open to any stories you make. I'm seeing a good plot here. Plus, new characters are always welcome. Keep it up!
pAtHeTiC91 chapter 4 . 9/29/2011
Dianne is half Filipino? That's amazing! How did you come up with the idea?

I'm anticipating your next update! :)
pAtHeTiC91 chapter 3 . 9/29/2011
How old are they? Luke, Damien, and Kath?
pAtHeTiC91 chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
What was Dianne's previous occupation? I didn't get that part.
pAtHeTiC91 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I like it. The concept is fresh. At least, newer as compared to the common plots you can find here in FP. :)
renegade01 chapter 4 . 9/27/2011
Well this chapter certainly teases us with hints of Diane's past. She definately had something intense with Luke. I like the characters we've been introduced too. Keep it coming. ;)

On a side note, I don't actually recognise a filler chapter until someone points it out to me... I guess every chapter progresses the story in some way. ;)
CaRiNeSs chapter 4 . 9/27/2011
Wow... Her mother is a little hard on her... I'm guessing this is why Dianne and Luke broke up... Or one of the reasons at least... Can't wait for more. Please update soon!
Katie Valentine chapter 4 . 9/27/2011
Did she almost marry Luke? :O I wanna know what's their background story... -
chibe chapter 4 . 9/26/2011
excited to see this unfold :)
39 | Page 1 .. Last Next »