Reviews for Home among Shadows
Ganheim chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
from people he had known to be his neighbors
[This sentence runs on and feels awkward at a few points, especially this one]

value Levi with worth equal to that of an old gym sock
[Awkward – quite simply, this went on longer than needed]

irritated his mother and father
[This looks like the same tone and everything regarding prior sentiments of social isolation, so the “however” doesn’t make sense]

had suddenly become
[Given that he’s presented from the start as not fitting in or doing well, I don’t think it’s sudden. A gradual descent? A metamorphosis from an annoyance into a torture?]

I know this is a prologue, but I came to the end with more a sense of incompletion than the hook of dangling interest. I don’t know who the main characters are, what the setting is (14th century Belgium? The United Earth Sphere in 2142? Iron age Han China? Giving clarifying details makes the story more interesting) and what makes the aspects of the setting or character distinguished from any other story. I sense that you’ve got a good grasp of plot and voice, but it doesn’t seem to really lead anywhere.
EternalDarkAngel chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Read it re-read it and now reading it for a third time. You disappoint me. When will you ever update. I'm dying without something awesome to read :(
Rollin'WithYou chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Keep writing! This is great :) This is my Favourite story of yours so far, Even though you only have the prologue i know this story is going to go far xD
Ric Pike chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Though I cannot narrow down anything particularly unique about your writing style, I do enjoy its delivery. It stands above the site average as far as writing goes. You've held my attention without info-dumping, and I am curious to know what is/will become of Levi's gift. It reads like a brief history, and I think that's most appropriate for a prologue.

Keep writing!