Reviews for The Song of Itzamna
RoyalJamboree chapter 40 . 11/8/2011
Oh, that was so wonderful. I haven't read such a fantastic and gripping fiction on the internet in such a long time, perhaps ever.

I don't know if I caught whether or not the Creator was killed, but my only regret about this story is that I never got to find out how old Senjata was. ;)

Happy writings! May your inspiration never abandon you for long.
RoyalJamboree chapter 39 . 11/8/2011
This was a perfect unfurling of the plot, I can think of no better way to tie together the story with such original means that defy all cliche. The ending paragraphs were profound and i was hooked on every word. Your characters, while a few very similar, are all strikingly different. I see and appreciate that now more than I had at the begining of your story.
RoyalJamboree chapter 29 . 11/5/2011
Oh no! Not Sen! She was my favorite by far. D:

I supposed they way she died is fitting though, in battle and by a creature so legendary that only time is the bane of its existence.

Anyways, your writing is extraordinary and your plots come together neatly as far as I can tell.

I loved reading the battle scenes despite how I usually skimp over those written by other authors. Yours were the right length and contributed to character development in very clever ways.

Perfect choices for the champions and I have to say the Florespa was utterly fascinating and terrifying to read about.
RoyalJamboree chapter 9 . 11/1/2011
I read this last night but I did want to say a few things.

The beginning was so gripping and fascinating, there was something so profound about finally reading something in first person and finding out who was actually telling the story. I love the order in which you introduce and re-introduce characters. Everything seems so purposeful.

I also loved the end, not that I didn't enjoy the middle. The last paragraph was completely heart wrenching. Xune's vulnerability made her previous almost too cold and collected exterior very worth while. Ahhg. Amazing. For the few opinionated issues I point out, I still wish I could write like you. Keep at it!
RoyalJamboree chapter 7 . 10/31/2011
Aww, I loved this chapter so much, I saw so much more character developement and the world continues to capture my fancies.

Lady de Sotten is perhaps my favorite character yet. :)

I also have to tell you that I love the general title as well as the miniature prologue type things before each chapter. I genuinely enjoy those each time.
RoyalJamboree chapter 4 . 10/31/2011
I'm so intrigued by the sandeater and the world you've created, I'm just slightly put off by the character prototype you seem to have going with strong, abrasive, intelligent, and brooding female leads, most of whom are seemingly lesbians(not that I have an issue with that at all, I just like varience too) and don't like small talk. But I'm not put off enough to abandon this still fascinating story. :)
RoyalJamboree chapter 2 . 10/31/2011
Hello again!

I liked this chapter a lot, but not as much as I loved the first chapter. I'm happy to see that not every civilization is matriarchal because while the concept is intriguing, it could have been over done if you were not careful.

The only danger I see you running into is possibly having Xune, Chinwe, and Shai being too alike for believability. I suppose I'll find that out later though.

The last issue was the building materials used in Volslan, silly, I know. As they were in or near the coldest recess of the world, I question the contradiction of that description and your description of the biomes and therefore wether or not a city could be made entirely of wood from deciduous trees. But I may have misunderstood seeing as you obviously have a clearer mental picture of your worlds map the distance Xune and Shelia traveled. :)

I like how you ended the chapter, it's so suspensful and I like how you're not immediatly going into the tournament and are letting readers explore the world instead. :)
RoyalJamboree chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Hello!

I should open by saying that I love this! Half way through I wondered why I was reading your story online and not within the confines of precious hard covers, bought from a Barnes and Noble.

The descriptions and the fantasic names were what first drew me in, but the first insights into the cultures and the characters were so believable that I knew I would just have to keep reading and reviewing.

Great work, I can't wait to read chapter two!
Sara chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
I've only read the first chapter of this, but man am I impressed! I absolutely LOVE the concepts you are setting up and the story seems so interesting! I'm very excited to delve into this story and read about these adventures. I know I'll be hooked!
Kahoruko711 chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I probably said this before, but...

Damn this story is going to be long!

But the first chapter really is interesting.

Can't wait to read more and see where this is going (although I might know where).