Reviews for Callum: A Tragic Prologue: August 1996
Jennifer H. Westall chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Hi,

I came across an entry of yours in a forum somewhere and it led me to your homepage. I was intrigued with your approach to writing all these short stories, and this is the first I've read. I hope to read more so I can get a better grasp of these characters and their lives. I think this is definitely an approach that is different, which is refreshing, but it may prove a little confusing as well.

I'm not sure what order to read them in, chronological or the order they were written in, but I started with this one because it seems to be first chronologically. As I was reading it though, I felt that I was expected to already know things about the characters that I didn't, which made it a little difficult to get a good grasp of point of the story. I was also unclear as to who the point of view character is, unless it's supposed to be omniscient.

Overall, this is an intriguing method that I look forward to exploring more. Your writing is very sound, with very good sentence structure. Keep up the good work. :)
Vivace.Assai chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Interesting story. This was rather short, and I would have liked more substance to it mostly because this story has so many different emotions occurring in it from joy to grief.

However, beyond that, the writing was nicely done. The descriptions of the game between the boys and Melia was descriptive enough to give a good image. At the same time, it was succinct enough that it flowed quicker in my reading. This perfectly reflected how the game was supposed to be, since a game shouldn't be read slow.

I'm interested in seeing how this prologue relates to everything in Callum's life. It was definitely a good prologue.

Thanks for the interesting read.

Signing off...