Reviews for Naked Shoulder
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Aww... yeah, everyone deserves love, plain and simple. And I was kinda wondering how on earth would she understand him, haha. Now I know... Aw.

To be honest I can't imagine such a couple every happening, but I'm sure cases like that exist. Your story was different and kinda gave me inspiration, thanks and congratulations!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Hi! It's a very sweet story and well written (:

I just have to say this though because it's a little hard for me to read stories about deaf people or the like when facts like these are a little off, eeing as how I am fluent in sign and I am well versed in the culture. It's actually quite easy for deaf and blind people to communicate, as long as the blind person learns to fingerspell. Then, one person spells the entire sentence out while the other person feels each letter. It seems slow, but once you learn the shape of each letter, it goes extremely fast. That's how Helen Keller communicated with people, and how many other deaf, blind, or even deaf-blind people communicate.
PurpleWings71 chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
wow I love this it's amazing just like all your stories!
overflowing chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Oh, that was so sweet! The feel-talking language seems absolutely perfect for them. Haha, I even did the 'try to see the bigger picture' sign.

This reminds me of another story here on FP called "26 Words about Silence". It's about a mute guy and what it's like for him being in love with a girl. If you like romance, you should try it. I find it rather bittersweet, but it's absolutely beautiful.

Your story is also beautiful, but in a happier way.
StarScarlet76 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I really liked this and once you explained the 'talking by touch' thing, it really made sense and was really sweet and engaging. Eduard and Rebecca have total privacy in their thoughts to each other and i love that idea. You should expand on this and tell of other moments in their life together, it's very intruiging, well done! :)

S.
LiberryBooked chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I really enjoyed this. At first I was thrown off when you said that they were talking with touches on shoulders because he couldn't sign, but you did a good job of explaining it. I love the idea of falling in love despite the odds.
Miryo chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Very interesting premise. I like how these two are able to overcome their disabilities without thinking of themselves as victims. And I have to say, I really loved the we-don't-care-what-you-think attitude. It's a good one to have, sometimes.

Your writing style is perfection, as always.

Eternally jealous,

- miryo
Superslow Jellyfish chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Whoo! You put something new here on FP. *profile stalks*

Another romance...Well, you know me. *But it's one shot* Oh well. Still getting the damned review!

"I've been blind from my birth on, and she's been deaf for equally as long." *Facepalms. Well, the descriptions will be interesting. I was going to bitch about how my hearing/vision suck, but you know what? Noo...

This is interesting. Eduard doesn't rely on visual description, but he uses other sensory outlets to transcribe what he's dealing with, mainly with touch, which is one of the hardest senses to describe. I would have liked to see smell there, but I think this is perfectly fine the way it is, since it's about the strong relationship he has with Rebecca and how nothing can overcome love, because barriers will dissipate no matter what.

This makes me think of future victims I have set up for the Gloryverse, BTW. I need to stop making all my reviews morbid as hell.

I like to think that the context of this story revolves around the terrible superficiality that can be physical attraction. Yeah, it's a determining factor (so says the Lust Monster, who has sort of gone off the deep end for a hipster with terrible taste in music), but once beauty is stripped and gone, then there is nothing left. Edouard and Rebecca have that, which is a very beautiful thing.

Haha, good to see you're back-ish. I wonder when you're going to churn out soon. I'm trying to update GT by Thursday, hopefully, because by then, it will be a month since my update and I left off in a good, sort of satisfying place. Um, if you'd like to, I updated Angelo's story (which is this one with crack instead of sugar and Cynicism idealism to the max) to when he and Colt go on their disastrous date onwards.

Later, then.

-BM-
GoneAway-MightNotBeReturning chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Hmm, I read this one-shot this morning, and it's stayed with me the entire day. The nuanced portrayal and the style really suit this romance between two similar yet different people - and the overall effect is rahter haunting. The development of the languages, characters and their respective situations is very good, in such a short piece.

I'm surprised this is un-beta-ed, because I don't think you can change much about it to improve it IMO.

"(Flames will be used in my mother's oven for the next time she'll have to use it - it'll save us a lot of energy, but I'd rather you didn't flame)" - Loved the humour in your disclaimer (on a unrelated note)!
MyFairytaleEnding chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Very nice...different than others so it's a refreshing change :) ...I love how you didn't rush things and gave your readers more detail about the language