Reviews for The bike
CharlieWise chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
This is so heart crushing (sorry Bones quote, apparently a heart can not break)
ShortcakeMattie chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I am blown away by your poem. Brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry for your loss. Poetry isn’t my strong point, but I love the imagery you use. It’s simple, but at the same time has so much depth to it. I liked the gradual time change and your quiet, but sad, tone. Beautifully written.

-Mattie
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

I think this is my favourite of your fics so far...even though there's still a lack of punctuation/variation of pauses. There's a little more, but not a whole lot. Your language/imagery on the other hand...you've taken it up to a whole new level.
A young and carefree ostrich chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
This is so sad, but really moving as well - the way you always relate back to the bike shows a good sense of structure, and it flows very easily as well. I'm sure your grandfather would have been proud if he had read it :)

ostrich xx
Jenny Sue chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Simple but really beautiful poem, and all the more so because it's autobigraphical. I love that there's a mixture of repeated lines and lines that show that show time progressing, nice work.
Whirlymerle chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Hey Alexander,

I saw this poem on your profile. While I'm terrible at analyzing poetry in general, I just want to say that I love the emotional layers behind this poem, the quiet, but sad tone that you wrote in, and how you wove into it the motif of the bike.

My sincere condolenses to you and your family.

Merle

You don't have to review back, since I haven't posted anything new.
GoneAway-MightNotBeReturning chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I'm no poetry expert and there isn't much I can say to add to these previous reviews, but I love how you manage the gradual change in tone and abstract layers of meaning you add to the poem...hmmm, like the journey they go on is hte journey of life.

Plus, I'm really sorry your grandfather died.

Love,

Daphne
the way you look at me chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This is a beautiful poem and I know your grandfather would be very proud and honoured if he could read it. I love how you described your entire relationship using the bicycle. Great job.
Angel Investor chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
At first I thought this poem was all about your passion for biking, but the last two verses made me realize it was something much deeper. The way you used the same structure throughout the poem, but changing the tone from happy to sad created a very emotional impact. Keep going.