Reviews for withered
noctema chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
your writing is simple and immutable. it's refreshing, and feels like a cool breeze on my neck.
Dark Blue Lover chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Wow. Beautiful. I love how you describe the contrast between that cold emptiness of winter and the new beginning spring can represent.

I love winter as well, but I still can relate somehow :) Your language is absolutely stunning.
codes and keys chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
i love the vocabulary you choose. it actually helps get the feel. the beginning feels sad and almost depressing, but at the end you can feel the hope that she has. wonderful how you can transition emotions. great piece.
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
good imagery and flow. I liked the contrast between seasons
twinny chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
well, i don't, so this poem just described me perfectly. I was like, finally, words for what I'm feeling, here. how do you manage to do this to me every. single. time? Seriously, what is this -

And then, as suddenly as it came,

winter retreats, its frosted fingers

taking with them the frigid dusk

that settled permanently over

every day.

My lord, this is not sharing the talent, that's what this is. I simply adore the entire thing, it was all so relatable and breathtaking in some sort of way. This style of poetry reminded me of the Carol Shield's style, have you heard of her? Well, anyways, she's my new obsession, aha ;) You write so well, twinpants!

Bri &hearts
tea and vintage jumpers chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
/hopes she will one day be as good as Kaye at writing :)

I love that you can feel that when you write about winter it's cold and harsh and then when you write about spring it's brighter and with more hope.

I'm bad at reviewing (and writing, actually ;) ) poetry because I never know what to say without sounding awkward.

Because I want to say I like the words you use and the way you use them, but I think that sounds a bit weird or grammatically incorrect or something :/

Whatever :P

I love this, Kaye

p.s. I also love winter. It's just the best season, it's it? ;)