Reviews for Using You
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
A really nicely written short story. I love how you show their realtionship through snapshots, however I wasn't totally sure at the point when they crossed over from being friends to something more...unless you wanted to keep that unclear? The only other thing I'd comment on is be careful with using italics for emphasis; in general, I find that sometimes it doesn't sound right to have the emphasis placed on that particular word, or it kind of jars you out of the story. It can sometimes flow better to have it all in normal text. Other than that, yeah, I really enjoyed reading it. The characters are really interesting, and I like the way you showed them, as well as how it wasn't a typical good-girl/bad-boy thing. Great stuff.
urtenshii chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Yes, I love this :)

i really like the whole relationship thing and the way you told the story was very unique, to say the least. I've read lots of best friend turned to something else stories and I must say that this belongs to my top ten :)

The emotions were clearly conveyed with just enough secrecy that'll make the reader wanting for more. You don't throw too much information, rather yo let us figure things on our own. It's definitely a good read.

Congratulations on this one :)

Keep writing! :)
Miryo chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I like this a lot. You did a fantastic job of portraying Ria and Jason as something much deeper than your stereotypical college students. Like another reviwer mentioned, I liked the role reversal of Ria being the more delinquent one, rather than it being Jason.

It's a sweet story, and it felt very realistic. Well done.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
I kinda like how Ria's the bad-girl/delinquent in this relationship. It's usually the guy who fills that role and I'm all up for new gender redefining. Still, I liked that your characters weren't the stereotypical, trashy teens that could've popped off MTV for inspiration. They had depth, their unique little quirks, and a little extra something that made them forgivably human. I think my favorite part came towards the end, when Ria asks Jason if she's a bitch. Everything that followed seemed to come so naturally to them that I almost want to kick myself for questioning if they would ever end up together.

You did really good on this. It was a refreshing take on the awkward teen love story. I quite enjoyed it :)
ekhfalcons chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
This was really amazing. You know it's true love when she tells him to get tested and he doesn't protest. Good man. :)