Reviews for Fruits Of My Garden
lostgryphin chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
Great chapter - I love the mixture of Marie's art school friends - they are very fascinating. Rosie is strange - but in a good way.
lostgryphin chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
I like Lorne's sister - Marie - her humor is wonderful - I love how she can joke with Lorne and also comfort him as well.

I wonder who Terrence is...goes off to read the next chapter.

I hope this doesn't double post - my comment the first time around didn't go through.
lostgryphin chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
Looks like Lorne first attempt at dating didn't quite go so well...I wonder what happened in his past.

Interesting that he is Native American - I wonder if that has something to do with his past.

I liked the small conversation that Lorne and Federico had.
lostgryphin chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I saw that this story was recommended on livejournal under the_slash_pile and decided to give it a try.

I love the story so far, even if I have only read the first chapter. Lorne seems vulnerable - almost as if something has happened to him in his past.

Federico is an interesting character - can't wait to learn more about him.
plumblossom chapter 13 . 12/17/2011
Lorne is flailing! Poor Robert is just ending up as collateral damage.

I used to attend pow wows in my youth, in the San Francisco Bay Area and around Pine Ridge. I danced a little. But that was so long ago that it was a different world. There was almost no competition, and the dance styles were completely different, especially for women. There's a local radio station here that plays a selection of Native music - my favorite is just that, the plains-style drumming and high-pitched singing: when it's live, it's like the music is all up in your bones (and now I'm remembering the drummers at my father's funeral, thank you)

Have fun performing!
plumblossom chapter 12 . 12/10/2011
I think you're hitting about right on the balance between comedic and dramatic. I'm also quite relieved to read that you think you know what you're doing with the story now!
fumoso-hiver chapter 12 . 12/10/2011
Lol. The Society of the Dark Night of the Soul. Spooooky

I guess the mixture of the comedy and the seriousness kind of works. I find it a little bit forced, though. I don't mind, since I don't know how to make it smoother either. Haha.
fumoso-hiver chapter 11 . 12/3/2011
Oh, man. I was listening to happy Christmas music while reading this chapter. Now the ending didn't feel that dramatic. Should've played mellow music. So Terrence died. I really want to know the details, but I guess I should be patient. Lorne's more complicated than I thought.
fumoso-hiver chapter 9 . 11/20/2011
Cute as usual. I thought Lorne's gonna be with Federico, now I can't predict anything. Kudos.
diwu6398 chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
I see what you're trying to do. You're either trying to create a mysterious atmosphere by mentioning people whom we do not know (more likely) or you're completely forgetting to mention who people are. It's... cliche, but you're doing an okay job.

Also, for a social outcast, this dude knows an awful lot of people. I know about two friends and one girlfriend. This guy is not as socially awkward as you're trying to portray him.

Grammar. Everyone's favorite subject. You're forgetting a few commas here and there.

Other than that, I still like your writing. Keep going!

(I told you I'd come back to read more. It just took a reminder to remember.)
plumblossom chapter 8 . 11/12/2011
I love that this story is so deeply rooted in its place and time and people. It makes it more real.
fumoso-hiver chapter 7 . 11/4/2011
Yay! Robert's back! This is getting fun. I can't wait to know what's gonna happen next. Longer chapter next time perhaps? :P
fumoso-hiver chapter 6 . 10/28/2011
Where is Federico? He should really come to Lorne's little party and make it big for Lorne. I like the one-shot as well, btw. Your stories make me want to live in Canada.
frogs of war chapter 5 . 10/26/2011
I think I like Lorne, but he is so clueless. And the people around him aren't helping. I feel sorry for him.
fumoso-hiver chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
I have to thank Plumblossom for introducing me to this story, 'cos I don't usually read stories with only a few reviews. But, man, this story needs more reviews! I enjoyed it! Especially because it is set in Canada, and you seem to know what you're talking about. I can't wait to read what's next. Poor, poor Lorne. :(
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »