Reviews for Tears Of A Clown
Anonymity'sProtege chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Heartbreakingly true and absolutely amazing.
IDreamOfLullaby's chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
it was so melancholy and slightly haunting. You're really good at capturing feeling and putting them down. I loved it
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Clowns have always freaked me out.

But you have wonderful imagery.
The Moon Howls At The Wolf chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Okay, so you asked for a review of this and here it is...

I like it, I like it alot, although I am a little confused as to what brought it on and the emotion portrayed could be stronger the finl imagery is so touching and imaginable that it maybe outwieghs the faults.

My biggest issue in this piece comes from this one transition...

"He wipes the dust off the remaining chipped remnants

Leaving trails of colour through the whitened dust."

The word dust in the second line actually hinders the flow of the poem and the emotional effect it is supossed to be having.

Also, the begining of the poem is a little shaky as if you didn't know how to start, but once again the ending is just extremly strong, and I love the lines,

"He finds the notes with such ease,

Moving his hands over the remaining keys

And the broken house is filled with music once more,

Along with the tears of a clown."

Keep Writing!
Eleantris chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Wow, this is fantastic - such an original idea too.

X :D
DougieM chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Woah this is amazing. Some really great imagery in here.
this-is-silence chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Trails of color down his whitened face...a ghost of his song...sadness still pools in his eyes...

You are great at imagery.

The strange combination of music/broken pianos and the clown is just, beautiful. Really. I can't even describe how wonderful the tears of this clown are to me.
BuddingPoet chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
whoa...there are like no words to describe how much i LOVE this poem! it reflects like inner turmoil and how a person could fake their own happiness but the make up will always runs and how only the thing they love could make them happy
Sybil Corvax chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I love this :) A lot of emotion :D
InsaneGreenWriter chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Hey! As I have told you before I think you write really good poems. I feel like I can really connect to this one in a way. When ever I feel down in the dumps, I always turn to music. It always seems to turn the clouds into a sunny day.
non.graceful chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
It's as if, right from the beginning he's playing a role he shouldn't be- like he has only half the skill. When he finds this piano, scratched and battered like himself- not completely whole but there- that he finally feels... whole. One with the piano.

I enjoyed reading this poem. I felt it.

You use some not so great phrases that don't stand out, eg 'Leaving trails of colour down his whitened face.' and 'Torn and wrecked, nothing more than a skeleton.'

All are good phrases, yet somewhat cliché. Try using your own phrases, ones that people have not heard of.

It was good.
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I particularly like your parting lines: "And the broken house is filled with music once more, /

Along with the tears of a clown." Very striking wording and imagery.
Tinkywinky2155 chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Really makes you feel for the clown and the piano. Makes you want to find them and fix all their problems so that they can be entirely happy again
Hania chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
I like this a lot. The choice of words gave it a very neat description. I was given very neat mental images! :)

Sincerely, H
Star Wars Obsessed chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Loved it. I loved the way you wrote this. It's sad but true. It makes me want to hug a clown now. :-)