Reviews for The Storm
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
One thing I remember from your other pieces, and something that I really enjoyed about this one, would have to be the vocabulary you use. It's always so fresh and poetic, and very beautiful. Comparing the rain to the heavens 'opening up' is always a very powerful description, because it makes me think of good things falling down on the people beneath it. But then the ending line seems very depressing - a big contrast from the previous beauty. I like that, though. The sensations of vulnerability and meaninglessness are very powerful - I'm wondering why this girl feels this way, and if she experiences some type of release when walking around in the rain.

[then hits her forehead with an [infinitesimally] tiny sigh of relief.]

I thought the bracketed word kinda slowed down the pace of this sentence, so I suggest taking it out and leaving it with just 'tiny' since I think they both mean the same thing as is. Other than that, a very pretty, yet somewhat sad, piece. :)
Arsideus chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
This is so beautiful, it took my breath away! O.O I adore the description:, especially this line:

"A breeze runs its ethereal fingers through her hair."

Followed by the very last line, it's pure gold!

Arsideus
Tina95 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Oh... The description is beautiful! Well done! :)