Reviews for A Hard Place
Jake.NKY chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Very creative story, I liked it.
It was also very well written, there was only one immediate error that stuck out to me. 3rd person possessive his, her, its. You put it's somewhere in there.

But still, awesome story. I'm going to show it to a few friends I think will really enjoy it.
JohnnyRonin chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
This rock sounds just like my Mom, something crazy happens
and the best thing to do is forget about it and sweep
it under the rug.
Great personification, as though it really was a rudimentary
sentient being, worrying about what it would normally worry about.
It has hopes, aspirations and dislikes. It's complex it it's simplicity.
If ever brevity was the soul of wit, this story exemplifies it.
Brava.
marceline the vampire queen chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Wow. You said your stories were dark. This was so interesting and original! Though I believe I've read a story from the point of view of a knife before, so I guess this has a similar premise. At first I was like, "A story from the viewpoint of a rock? How weird." Then I really got into it, and it was so macabre and strange, and I really enjoyed it. My favourite line would have to be, "Breaking bone, vibrating screams and shuddering hot flesh. I see not. I feel plenty." I also like how you end it with the first line. It's really clever. :)
Uncle Rupert chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
It was a bit obscure but I liked it. Nice little piece.
Vere D Lee chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
The whole story feels blase portraying perfectly the feelings of the rock.
sweetladyjane2012 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
A rock's POV, very original...
prettypurple chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Interesting. I've wondered a lot what it's like to be an inanimate object.
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
o.O fascinating.

On my old writing team there was this huge fad with writing things from the point of view of inanimate objects, and not revealing the viewpoint until the end in a psuedo-dramatic bit of internal monologue. So usually I get pissy with things with non-human main characters. But this pulls it off. I wanna print it out and send it to all my teammates saying, "SEE THIS? LEARN TO FUCKING WRITE, YOU IDIOTS!"

Look at me, I said the fuck-word. Heh heh heh.
Dhani Cauldwell chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
This was a very cute story. Good job.

-Dhani

P.S. Would you mind reviewing my story? I always appreciate feedback. :)
Penelope Sweet chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
dude that was awesome, different but awesome I liked it
Pages of the Gnats chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I liked it. It was a nice little short story to read.

My favorite line was "I see not, I feel plenty" yes I loved that line. It made me smile :D