Reviews for A Great Joke
AcrylicHeart chapter 6 . 12/7/2011
CALLED IT! :D Lol, don't worry, my roommate and I do that ALL the time when we called something and are proud of it. Ahh, the pricelessness. You really know how to take morbid and make it cackle-inducing, hair-raising fun. I actually find these more comical that horror-ish. (Since idk what else to call them...) I love them either way. (All of the urban-legend ones I've read.) Short though they may all be, they are eye-opening to a degree with some, and brutal to the core with others, but none of them have been needlessly gory or overly-graphic. I love stories with detail, but sometimes the sparsity of them, leaving just enough to the imagination, is exactly what's needed to make a good, bona-fide horror story. Count on me reviewing something else. :)

AcrylicHeart chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
I actually physically cackled when I read this one. I think I may know what that surprise is, hahahahahaha. Normally I don't like being able to call things like that, but HA! Loving these stories. And the fact that the ones I really like are based off of urban legends just makes me smile to myself. I love things like this. You have got a helluva fan going right now. ;)

AcrylicHeart chapter 4 . 12/7/2011
A few run-ons, you forgot to capitalize Heather in paragraph 3, and in the last paragraph you said I hope she's bending to death. that seems brutal and quite efficient, but I doubt that's what you meant. :) I like how the title gives you that little bit of suspicion to go off of as you read this little spigot of information, and the further you get the more validation you get. Well done, well done. :)

AcrylicHeart chapter 3 . 12/7/2011
I actually know this feeling. I was chronically depressed when younger, and I know what it feels like to act like you're better than the people who belittle you, only to break down when they're out of sight. And you're right, not all people who attempt suicide truly want to die. Most of them, in fact, want someone to try to stop them, for someone to tell them they care.

I don't like this Betsy chick. She sounds like a total skank. Plain and simple. Well done with making me hate a person who doesn't exist. Lol. Until the next time?

AcrylicHeart chapter 2 . 12/7/2011
I'm kind of at odds as to whether this needed it's own chapter. it's a good filler, and I like that you've obviously got knowledge under your belt. It also makes me feel smart that I was right about the slight jaundice from a failing liver. (Go me!)

I've met people like them. It never ceases to amaze me just how low some people will sink. Joking around about something like that? They need to be put out of their damn misery.
AcrylicHeart chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Jaundicing of the eyes and skin makes me think of possible chemo coupled with the hair loss. It's a sad thought, but doesn't tie into her feeling guilty, which is thought-inducing. In my opinion, that's a good thing. Other than punctuation, this is good much like the other works of your I have read. Looking forward to reading more. Until then,