Reviews for Not Crying Yet
bluecharlotte chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
I really like this. Edited or not, the message is clear abd it's well thought out. I particularly like the bit about how everyone is weird and a bunch are geniuses. A really interesting essay on the whole, especially the analyzing of why people act how they do and you wanting your mother to understand. nice work :)
Itzmi chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I suppose you could say I have been wondering the same thing. "Why don't I cry when I see my mother do?" Bah. Tears are weird.

I don't think a bond between parent and child could be broken that easily. How many times have I doubted my mother's motives? How many times did I count my Father's mistresses in my head? Too many. It was just too many.

But then, these things made them more 'human' to me. Since they are human, I could relate to them better. Because of that, even if it still hurts, I accept them - faults and all.

Sometimes, I wonder, "Why can't they go back to their perfect parent selves? They're easier to understand." But, hey, I think I don't understand them if I look at them that way. It's odd, it's weird, and I'm having a hard time balancing things.

I don't know what I'm doing, telling a very personal tale to an 18 year old stranger. But I just thought of telling this to somebody, anybody, and, well, you happened to be there. And, you kind of struck me as the kind of person willing to listen, somehow.

This was a good essay, and it provided perfect imagery. I could relate so well, and it makes the reader think. That's what these essays are for, I believe.

This was the draft? My, what does a 'real' essay look like, I wonder...
SheWhoWatchesSilently chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Thats really good:D Even if It is a draft (I really don't mind spelling errors unless they disfigure a word) ITS like... AWSOME, and DEPRESING, and errrrr You are a really good writer don't stop. :)

Lu-Chan