Reviews for Wildflowers
Nuitdemeztli chapter 2 . 7/13/2013
Arethusa Cyberia chapter 2 . 5/25/2013
One word; POWERFUL. Your imagery is absolutely beautiful and this story is packed full of emotions. Well done.
Aletiah chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
I really love this! I just wish it had been more of it :)
Aletiah chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I have meant to read this story for a while, don't know why I haven't yet... I saw that the next chapter is very long, and unfortunately, I don't have the time for it just now. But I will put it on my alert-list and read tonight!
It's a really good beginning so I can hardly wait :)
TheHobbitOfCandyland chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
So this was in my favorites. . I've read this many many times, I love it. I came back again to read it, since it's been a while, and when I saw THIS, my heart broke. I miss the story already. /:
ohsocyanide chapter 10 . 10/1/2012
Okkkkay. The style of this is interesting, and I like it.

I'm slowly piecing things together, I think—Sam and Xavi sort of had a thing while Xavi was with Joe, and Joe died because of whatever shady dealings he was mixed up in... Right?

And the police officers asking about the car are going to be a whole new issue.

ohsocyanide chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
There's something about this story that is really interesting, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

For one, I was rather surprised at the sex scenes. I've been reading slash for years; I've obviously come across it and read things like this before, but at the beginning Wildflowers didn't come across as being a story such as this. (That was SUCH a poorly constructed sentence on my part. Heh.)

The narrator comes off as being very empty. There's something intriguing about the fact that Joe died, and now he's taking care of Sam, who is about to die.

ohsocyanide chapter 4 . 10/1/2012
I'm mad because my last review was posted as a guest and I didn't know it... Oh well, I guess.

Now I want to know who Joe is, mainly because you provide a lot of backstory without going too far into detail while you're doing it. You state something, wait a bit, and then explain it in a way that is rather minimalistic but works for this story well.

There are a lot of contradictory emotions running throughout this passage, I noticed, and it characterizes the narrator very well.

Guest chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
Sooo this is the sort of relationship they have? I think I'm going to have a good time trying to figure them out as I read. At this point, it seems that they have a very interesting relationship.

Still, I'm intrigued as to just why Sam's dying and what's going to happen with Alex—if anything.

ohsocyanide chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
I feel like there's a lot of trust and expectancy placed on the main character's shoulders. Despite his promise to stick around and stay with Sam, I'm not sure if that's entirely fair of Sam to do. He's dying, though, so I suppose it very well could be?

The boy at the restaurant—I have a vague feeling he could be a character of interest? Am I guessing anywhere close to correct? :)

ohsocyanide chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I always aim for the piece that looks like it needs love, and when I came across your page, I found this. I know it's complete, but that means I won't have to do any waiting around for updates! Hooray!

A) I think I'm setting myself up to sob. B) I noticed that there are some typos throughout this, and I'd normally nitpick and tell you each and every one of them, but I feel like this is probably a piece that helped you evolve. Oddly, the typos in this prologue don't really take away from the passage.

You do a really good job with this as an opener. You gives readers just enough information to keep them wondering about Sam's illness but not enough to give us all the details.

[You can't make someone love you or save them from falling hopelessly and uselessly apart and you can't stop them from dying.] I really absolutely love this line. It's beautiful and heartbreaking. it conveys a lot of what I feel like this story is going to be about.

LeKo chapter 18 . 9/18/2012
I don't often become emotional reading a story. Your story at some points did. Now that you said that your own world kind of fell apart, it makes sense. What touched me the most, was the feeling of loss you described and, even more, the realisation of it. You wrote it from the heart. The end of the story is your choise, it stands apart of the emotions you've been describing. All ends are well in this type of story. It doesn't really matter. I think this story is very well written. I didn't find it confusing to read different timepaths. I'very glad I read it. Thank you for writing.
Warpedsky chapter 22 . 6/14/2012
Wow. This was absolutely an amazing story. Lemme just say, I've read a lot of romance stories, some of them with sex in them. This story though, was completely different. In this I actually felt that they made love, not just had sex. Which is a huge, huge difference emotionally for the reader to experience, and something that I personally think is very hard to write sucessfully. You crafted your characters so seamlessly, and I completely fell in love with this pair. I felt for them so much and Samir actually inspired me to create my own character in hopes to make him have as much beauty and detail. I'm so glad I found this story, it was one of the best I've read so far on this site, or anywhere for that matter. From a very content reader, keep it up! :3
Asha Childly chapter 18 . 5/20/2012
This...is so good. I'm literally dying. Sooo good. I honestly can't tell you how happy I am that it ended like this (i.e. well). I was terrified to keep reading lest something awful happen and I start sobbing. But honestly, the only thing that kept me from finishing this last night was that I had a call back in the morning and I needed to sleep. Seriously, I couldn't put this down until I was struggling to keep my eyelids above my pupils and even then I fought it. You are a very talented writer. I'm excited to read the last four chapters and eventually move on to the rest of your stories.
GreenGrass1 chapter 22 . 5/15/2012
I remember this piece. It was a one shot I think and it was lovely. Haunting I think the word I used.

I have to say creating melancholic yet sensuous mood is one of your talents. Very well done.
44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »