Reviews for School Warriors: A Simple Delinquent Story
DappledKarma chapter 2 . 2/9
Dat bromance. Also. Akemi. She's awesome so far. XD
TheBloodEdge chapter 21 . 2/9
My... Swimsuits. Fine -3-

So anyway, I get some manly talk instead. Not too bad. Come to think of it, this killbox kinda implies that our leads' childhoods weren't that pretty and that fighting was the norm since way back when. Maybe that's the source of their Charles Atlas Superpowers.

I wonder if the stakes are going to be raised. Since Akemi and Ringo are coming along, i expect them to play a vital role this time around. But I don't want them to be kidnapped like damsels, I'd rather they kick some ass. Yeah, the girl's didn't get to shine for quite some time, let's change that!
Eri Rein chapter 18 . 2/9
I keep getting the vibes that Taitou will be killed in this arc. I don't know why. But that would be interesting. Adds some drama to this story, probably. XD

Oh boy, our main trio got news of the North's sudden attack. This is what I was waiting. Now start the fight for real!

Like what I said in skype, Kenshin reminds me of Hidetora Tojo from Beelzebub. They're both way too strong. XD
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 21 . 2/9
Oho, a vacation chappie *w*

I bet Date was watching UP. Don't judge me -.-;;

Kenshin and Tatsu loved each other asses, don't they?

Poor Red Dog, being the scapegoat just because he was a long-winded rambler.

Conclusion: Manly arguments are mean business.

It's been a fun trollathon on a rollercoaster full of fists thrown around, countless casualties, shounen flashbacks, and some unexpected tender moments. Keep trucking on, Pogoman ;)
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 20 . 2/9
I ship Kenshin and Akari so hard.

Well done, Pogoman. I enjoyed the emotional touches that you employed here. Haruki and Hiromi's confrontation, Taitou and Yumi's tender moments, it showed that you clearly wrote this with a lot of heart. And for that, SW has ascended a new level of awesome. And it certainly warrants the length of this chapter.

Keep it up.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 19 . 2/9
Conclusion:
*Takashi - Apollo Creed baby
*Kenshin - Rocky Balboa on the house
*Masu - Solves everything with his mouth.

With regards to the bonus, who cares about Godzilla or Gamera? Pokemon ftw.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 18 . 2/9
(Oh, that piece of dialogue which I butchered. I remember it *w*)

Hiromi-chan is a big dick. If you want to seek your vengeance, fight like a man for goodness sake.

Wait, I thought it's a typical manga trope to have girls being bad at cooking? /shotandmurdered

I bet Yamagata was trying to tell Taitou that Yumi has his baby. I'm calling it.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 17 . 2/9
I have an itching urge to leave you at the 169th review, just because... but I'll fulfill my promise like a true man!

Loved the battle between Tatsu and Butcher. The emotion conveyed from the flashback just made it work for me.

And so now the epic showdown between Taitou-kun and Hiromi-chan (I keep thinking he's a girl)

NOOOOO... DOLPHINS ARE KAWAAII DESU DESU.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 16 . 2/9
I don't know if I have mentioned this, but the parents in SW really know how to troll hard. They troll so well that they could probably troll their way to victory in a gang fight. *w*

Damn it, Taitou-kun, it just had to be out of rabu. Why do you have to hit my vulnerable spot?!

"Ass...cheeks..."

*Brain explodes*
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 15 . 2/9
Good lord at the delicious DORAMA in this chapter *w*

Shivamaru getting owned by his dad is steaky. Looks like the SW version of Liu Bei should just stick to strategising.

I bet Hiromi-chan is planning to have her gang swamp Taitou-kun and whack him into coma too. Run, Taitou-kun, don't hang around and fight dynasty warrior style. ;(tilde);

P.S. Kaz threw the underwear into the pile. There's no doubt about it.
some1eleven chapter 4 . 2/9
I have to admit, I had my reservations about SW being written as a script. Having read the fist arc, I have to say all of them are gone. School Warriors work perfect just as they are :)
I hope you won't take it as an insult, Pogo, but I really, *really* enjoyed the piece for its comedic value. School Warriors left me burst into giggles and laughter all the time- And let me add, it comes from a person who could get a benefit for a handicapped sense of humour. If that's not an accomplishment, then I don't know what is ;)

So far, I love pretty much everything about the story. SW proved to be a perfect pastiche, a single comedy type that I enjoy the most. It blows every single thing it touches upon out of proportions while treating itself with a dead serious attitude of a true masterpiece. This powerful contrast between the silliness of the story and the serious tone it's written in won me over completely. I don't know why, but SW gives me a feeling that you're sending a subtle wink to the reader every now and then. "Oh, c'mon," I imagine Pogo saying in the subtext, "you can't possibly believe that I'm dead serious about it?" Then, you deliver yet another line that sounds like it's take straight of a pompous drama that fits the story like... Touma's fist fits Shivamaru's nose XD

I really like how you parody every single part of the deliquent thrope in your piece, in a way that'd make any fan of the young criminal theme in fiction feel proud and satisfied. Your script could easily be taken as either sheer crack or a straight-to-the-thrope masterpiece, depending on what the reader is looking for in it. It's another great accomplishment.

Last but not least, I came to love that SW are a script. I can't shake off an impression that the entire story is a theatrical play, and I love how it mocks the drama as we know it. While reading it, I couldn't help but imagine it played on a stage during some pompous theatrical festival, in front of a stuck-up, shocked audience that just doesn't understand what they're supposed to do with it. This is probably the ultimate winning factor of the SW to me. I see the whole "play" as a giant, but very subtle mockery of everything it strives to be, and it does a tremendous job at it.

I'd love to see it played on an actual stage; even more, I'd absolutely love to *play* it some day. School Warriors have the feeling of an extremely engaging and fun project to undertake. The energy and enthusiasm of your characters is contagious. It makes me dream of trying to reach for an absurd and impossible dream myself- Only rather than fighting deliquents, it'd be to bring them to life. Show them to the people who usually go to the theatres, have them watch the young punks dish it out in an atmosphere of manly friendship and clouds of pure testosterone. And, of course, enjoy their expressions while their oh-so-precious temple of high culture suddenly gets invaded by something they usually run away from XD

If I ever got to see School Warriors performed, I'd be the first one to give an encore. Since I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, I can only congratulate you on a job well done :) If anyone ever tells you that you "should just write it as a story", you've got my personal seal of approval to ignore them completely. School Warriors simply have to be a play. They can't be anything else _
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 14 . 2/9
'a baby just fell down that building!'
- MJ reference? *w*

Denji whacking Yamagata on the back of the head. Idiot seal of approval.

Poor Taitou, getting angsty and everything after getting locked up in the correction facility. What happened to your coma-inducing manliness? ;(tilde);

*Hummples manliness into Taitou-chan*
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 13 . 2/9
That was a funny, heartwarming end to the arc.

Shivamaru 'honey'-calling Zhang Fei reference, half-memberships, Okubo playing butler; I actually prefer these kind of moments over the testosterone-filled battles (no offence, Pogoman, cause I bet you enjoy writing them as well), since these interactions enhances that chemistry among friends and establishes their quirks too.

Denji Okubo. CMAJOR, GET IN HERE RIGHT NAO!

Bonus 2... if only everyone is like Denji's dad when it comes to hiring.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 12 . 2/9
As promised, here is Katsu Roll to embark on a last min trollathon *w*

Starts fantasizing about Akemi addressing me with the 'sama' suffix and promptly nosebleeds.

Denji is definitely one of your best characters. From his cheap groin attacks, his surprise at winning following a curb stomp victory, and even his little excuses that he thought up about fleeing to grandpa, all these little quirks make him memorable.

I definitely like his growth in this chapter from loser to not-so-a-loser. The friendship between him and Okubo is also begging for a Yaoi butcherfic, which I will not write.

And bonus points to a cameo appearance of Masu to spout his badass lines. Hi there.
faithshinkou chapter 21 . 2/8
Ahaha! Yet another great start to a new arc!

All the manly bickering was just priceless! XD

I can’t help but just laugh at the interjecting “. . .Sad.” at the end of the descriptions that I’ve noticed before, but only remembered to mention now! It makes me laugh so hard!

The whole Summer Truce is a very nice idea! Shivamaru smiling at the sight of his would-be-allies around him was just perfect to see.

Mmh! So I’ve finally managed to catch up to the latest chapter of School Warriors, and will thus have to wait till the next chapter comes out. . . sad. I enjoyed every moment of it. It was so good. I salute you, DevilPogo-san. This has been a very fun experience, and I felt that with your children, even I myself, learned a lot and changed a lot. That’s how good of a story it is.

I can see that you still like to use (sweat drop), but that's behind me now, and I actually think it's become one of the charm points of the story, so it's really grown on me! And as I've said, this script format is unique to me, but it definitely did it's mark! From now on, I'll probably not like anything in script form if it's not as good as this!

Well then! I suppose all I can do for now is wait for the next chapter! Which is. . . sad. And I will very much be waiting hungrily for it! I have to go off to sleep for now, but I’ll be off to read Gaiden tomorrow, and answer the Discussion Questions as well!

Once more, thank you, DevilPogo-san! This week has been an amazing one, despite it being exhausting at school, because of you! School Warriors blew all the fatigue away with its adrenaline, testosterone, and sheer excitement! Thank you so, so, very much! *hugs you if you like hugs*
176 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »