Reviews for School Warriors: A Simple Delinquent Story
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 17 . 2/9/2014
I have an itching urge to leave you at the 169th review, just because... but I'll fulfill my promise like a true man!

Loved the battle between Tatsu and Butcher. The emotion conveyed from the flashback just made it work for me.

And so now the epic showdown between Taitou-kun and Hiromi-chan (I keep thinking he's a girl)

NOOOOO... DOLPHINS ARE KAWAAII DESU DESU.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 16 . 2/9/2014
I don't know if I have mentioned this, but the parents in SW really know how to troll hard. They troll so well that they could probably troll their way to victory in a gang fight. *w*

Damn it, Taitou-kun, it just had to be out of rabu. Why do you have to hit my vulnerable spot?!

"Ass...cheeks..."

*Brain explodes*
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 15 . 2/9/2014
Good lord at the delicious DORAMA in this chapter *w*

Shivamaru getting owned by his dad is steaky. Looks like the SW version of Liu Bei should just stick to strategising.

I bet Hiromi-chan is planning to have her gang swamp Taitou-kun and whack him into coma too. Run, Taitou-kun, don't hang around and fight dynasty warrior style. ;(tilde);

P.S. Kaz threw the underwear into the pile. There's no doubt about it.
some1eleven chapter 4 . 2/9/2014
I have to admit, I had my reservations about SW being written as a script. Having read the fist arc, I have to say all of them are gone. School Warriors work perfect just as they are :)
I hope you won't take it as an insult, Pogo, but I really, *really* enjoyed the piece for its comedic value. School Warriors left me burst into giggles and laughter all the time- And let me add, it comes from a person who could get a benefit for a handicapped sense of humour. If that's not an accomplishment, then I don't know what is ;)

So far, I love pretty much everything about the story. SW proved to be a perfect pastiche, a single comedy type that I enjoy the most. It blows every single thing it touches upon out of proportions while treating itself with a dead serious attitude of a true masterpiece. This powerful contrast between the silliness of the story and the serious tone it's written in won me over completely. I don't know why, but SW gives me a feeling that you're sending a subtle wink to the reader every now and then. "Oh, c'mon," I imagine Pogo saying in the subtext, "you can't possibly believe that I'm dead serious about it?" Then, you deliver yet another line that sounds like it's take straight of a pompous drama that fits the story like... Touma's fist fits Shivamaru's nose XD

I really like how you parody every single part of the deliquent thrope in your piece, in a way that'd make any fan of the young criminal theme in fiction feel proud and satisfied. Your script could easily be taken as either sheer crack or a straight-to-the-thrope masterpiece, depending on what the reader is looking for in it. It's another great accomplishment.

Last but not least, I came to love that SW are a script. I can't shake off an impression that the entire story is a theatrical play, and I love how it mocks the drama as we know it. While reading it, I couldn't help but imagine it played on a stage during some pompous theatrical festival, in front of a stuck-up, shocked audience that just doesn't understand what they're supposed to do with it. This is probably the ultimate winning factor of the SW to me. I see the whole "play" as a giant, but very subtle mockery of everything it strives to be, and it does a tremendous job at it.

I'd love to see it played on an actual stage; even more, I'd absolutely love to *play* it some day. School Warriors have the feeling of an extremely engaging and fun project to undertake. The energy and enthusiasm of your characters is contagious. It makes me dream of trying to reach for an absurd and impossible dream myself- Only rather than fighting deliquents, it'd be to bring them to life. Show them to the people who usually go to the theatres, have them watch the young punks dish it out in an atmosphere of manly friendship and clouds of pure testosterone. And, of course, enjoy their expressions while their oh-so-precious temple of high culture suddenly gets invaded by something they usually run away from XD

If I ever got to see School Warriors performed, I'd be the first one to give an encore. Since I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, I can only congratulate you on a job well done :) If anyone ever tells you that you "should just write it as a story", you've got my personal seal of approval to ignore them completely. School Warriors simply have to be a play. They can't be anything else _
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 14 . 2/9/2014
'a baby just fell down that building!'
- MJ reference? *w*

Denji whacking Yamagata on the back of the head. Idiot seal of approval.

Poor Taitou, getting angsty and everything after getting locked up in the correction facility. What happened to your coma-inducing manliness? ;(tilde);

*Hummples manliness into Taitou-chan*
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 13 . 2/9/2014
That was a funny, heartwarming end to the arc.

Shivamaru 'honey'-calling Zhang Fei reference, half-memberships, Okubo playing butler; I actually prefer these kind of moments over the testosterone-filled battles (no offence, Pogoman, cause I bet you enjoy writing them as well), since these interactions enhances that chemistry among friends and establishes their quirks too.

Denji Okubo. CMAJOR, GET IN HERE RIGHT NAO!

Bonus 2... if only everyone is like Denji's dad when it comes to hiring.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 12 . 2/9/2014
As promised, here is Katsu Roll to embark on a last min trollathon *w*

Starts fantasizing about Akemi addressing me with the 'sama' suffix and promptly nosebleeds.

Denji is definitely one of your best characters. From his cheap groin attacks, his surprise at winning following a curb stomp victory, and even his little excuses that he thought up about fleeing to grandpa, all these little quirks make him memorable.

I definitely like his growth in this chapter from loser to not-so-a-loser. The friendship between him and Okubo is also begging for a Yaoi butcherfic, which I will not write.

And bonus points to a cameo appearance of Masu to spout his badass lines. Hi there.
Dog pls chapter 21 . 2/8/2014
Ahaha! Yet another great start to a new arc!

All the manly bickering was just priceless! XD

I can’t help but just laugh at the interjecting “. . .Sad.” at the end of the descriptions that I’ve noticed before, but only remembered to mention now! It makes me laugh so hard!

The whole Summer Truce is a very nice idea! Shivamaru smiling at the sight of his would-be-allies around him was just perfect to see.

Mmh! So I’ve finally managed to catch up to the latest chapter of School Warriors, and will thus have to wait till the next chapter comes out. . . sad. I enjoyed every moment of it. It was so good. I salute you, DevilPogo-san. This has been a very fun experience, and I felt that with your children, even I myself, learned a lot and changed a lot. That’s how good of a story it is.

I can see that you still like to use (sweat drop), but that's behind me now, and I actually think it's become one of the charm points of the story, so it's really grown on me! And as I've said, this script format is unique to me, but it definitely did it's mark! From now on, I'll probably not like anything in script form if it's not as good as this!

Well then! I suppose all I can do for now is wait for the next chapter! Which is. . . sad. And I will very much be waiting hungrily for it! I have to go off to sleep for now, but I’ll be off to read Gaiden tomorrow, and answer the Discussion Questions as well!

Once more, thank you, DevilPogo-san! This week has been an amazing one, despite it being exhausting at school, because of you! School Warriors blew all the fatigue away with its adrenaline, testosterone, and sheer excitement! Thank you so, so, very much! *hugs you if you like hugs*
Dog pls chapter 20 . 2/8/2014
OwO

I see. I see now. So this is what it means to be “grey”. Not “white”. Not “black”. “Grey”. Seeing things from all perspectives, with no absolute good or absolute evil.

This. Is really so good. I am learning so much from it, and I'm just enjoying it so much at the same time. This truly is, a masterpiece of one-of-a-kind.

That Kenshin-Akari relationship is just the kind of thing I want to see with Shivamaru and Akemi. So adorable. Make it happen, DevilPogo-san. *w*

Another thing. YES! YEEEEES! And I was so sad when I thought Yumi wouldn't see Taito off! But then she went with him on the train and I was like YESSS! YEEEEEEEEEES! THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO SEEEEEEE! It ended way better than I had hoped it would be! When Taito just broke down into tears, muttering, "I'm going home. . . Without my friends. . ." Uhhh. Goosebumps. Fricking goosebumps down my back like crazy! HNNGH! UUGHH!

Don't worry about having a long chapter, DevilPogo-san. I've read much longer, and even I, myself, write pretty lengthy chapters. So don't worry about it at all. And this, surely is a landmark of this series. I change what I've said before. This, is now my favorite arc (so far), and I know that there'll be great things to come in the future still!

This is just so great. So great. One-of-a-kind, and it's a story that has already marked its place in my heart. Thank you, so much, DevilPogo-san, for working so hard in creating this wonderful piece. You have my heartfelt gratitude.
Dog pls chapter 19 . 2/8/2014
Hnngh! The fights are getting so intense, I'm almost having a hard time keeping up! But I am keeping up, so don't worry! :3

That part towards the end where Masu just comes in and settles things without a fight was just awesome! Wonderfully executed! I can't wait to see the day where he'll fight all out just like the old days!

Oh, this really is a deep story. Really deep, with lots of emotion and manliness. It seems that this arc is going to go into a close. . . I can't wait anymore, so I shall end the review here and move on to the next chapter!
Ereh chapter 17 . 2/8/2014
A bit of filler fight between Butcher and Tatsu, eh? That's good and all since everyone is starting to enter the brawl with their own respective opponents.

So it's the mains vs the North. This gun be good. *w*
Dog pls chapter 18 . 2/8/2014
You know Yumi what?! YUMI WHAT?! OwO
Damn, there's not as painful as a cliffhanger as that, if I ever saw one.
Argh, I'm not going to keep this review long, since I really have to go read the next chapter!
This was an awesome chapter, as always! Hnngh, I wonder if Akemi and Shivamaru are developing something special. . . ouo I would like them to.

Lastly, before I post this and click on the beautiful "Next" button on the side of the screen, I would just like to tell you DevilPogo-san, that your chapter naming sense is just very attractive. It just, in some way, really fits into every single chapter. They're simple and straightforward. And that's what makes them beautiful! And I think that chapter titles are very important, as they're what gives that initial hook to the readers. And you sure know how to hook it right!
Ereh chapter 16 . 2/8/2014
Taitou is the man. Having such resolve. I wonder if he died in this arc? *shot*

A-anyway, this arc is getting interesting by each chapter. Slowly, the battles are about to come. Hiromi can be pretty nasty when it comes to seeking revenge. I do hope he receives a good beating in this arc. He's being an ass at some point.
Dog pls chapter 17 . 2/8/2014
Oh shnap. Blue Lioness of the East. Rawr. OwO

DROT certainly is very much turning into a much meaningful gang then when they were up against Shivamaru and the Revolution. And that is just great. You know, having the past enemies coming back and having their own stories deepened. . . beautiful. Just beautiful. Oh lord.

In addition, the Blue Fins and the Neo Blue Fins plot that’s intertwined with it. . . The division of once a single gang, now facing each other again as enemies. . . it’s truly a wonderful situation to behold. This has truly been well thought-out.

Oh, this is so good. This is such a good story. Let me just tell you, DevilPogo-san, that those who refuse to read School Warriors simply because it’s in script format and that they’re too much lazy to try something they aren’t used to, are all idiots. Pansies, that’s what they are. They don’t know what they are missing. This. Is. Just. So. Awesome.
Dog pls chapter 16 . 2/8/2014
UUUUHHHH TAITOU COME OVER HERE AND I'LL GIVE YOU A HUG! TwT
I'm sorry, Hiromi, but I'm definitely taking Taitou's side. *raises fists and takes impromptu battle stance*
I don't know what Ramo said or did to Yumi, but whatever it was, it must've been horrible, and he most likely deserved getting into that coma.
I. . . I wish Taitou and Yumi would end up being together somehow ;w; I'd like to see him at least confess his feelings.

Hnngh! This is getting really, really good!

"Ass Cheeks here, with love!" Oh lord, my sides! XD
Oh my gosh, you are so good, DevilPogo-san. So. Good. *sigh* I wish I had even a bit of good humor, myself. . . I want to write up good jokes, too! XI
214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »