Reviews for Mother of Learning
Guest chapter 108 . 8/13
i first read this fic back in 2013 or was it 2012 when i found it, since then ive had this story bookmarked on my browsers throughout multiple computers waiting for it to be finished while not reading the new chapters... it was worth it goddamnit, this was amazing.
Guest chapter 96 . 8/12
huh, no angels, only demons
PortalGun chapter 95 . 8/7
So much for my theory. Guess I'll keep reading and find out what's really going on.
PortalGun chapter 94 . 8/7
Well Shit.
Please don't take the bait Zorian.
PortalGun chapter 92 . 8/7
I think it's a bit weird that Zorian dismissed Zach telling him that he became a normal part of the loop once he left. That's a really big clue.
As I see it there is a strong possibility Panaxeth killed Silverlake and removed her from the cycle in order to pressure Zorian and take away his most important tool to escape on his own. Once he is desparate and has no other option he makes his second offer to remove Zach which was probably his goal all along.
Second we have hints of Panaxeth's ability to do that via Redrobe. Either he has a way to get the Dagger quitely or he got the ability to remove others from the timeloop from Panaxeth since I'm sure Zorian would have heard about someone breaking into the royal treasury.
Third it means Veyers was a bait by Redrobe to confuse Zach. Without Zorian escaping both Silverlake and Veyers would've been the only people Zach had seen "escaping" the timeloop and the illusion would've been perfect. With Silverlake being suspiciously missing I really hope Zorian, one of his Simulacrum's or at least Zach keeps this in mind. Zach in particular has had months to come to that conclusion.
PortalGun chapter 9 . 8/3
So after reading that last sentence about the ridiculous contingencies I've got a theory. There is another looper and he's the one planning the invasion. Story is great so far.
schlepian chapter 108 . 8/2
Phew- finally finished this monster of a story.

Super long excellent story. It's my 2nd favorite story I've read on this site.

Thank you for sharing your world.
Shadefire chapter 108 . 7/30
Oh my goodness. Found this piece of gold the other day, this massive pile of character development, world building and mystery. That was an impressive read. So many loose threads that randomly got picked back up much later. How the hell did you keep track of all of this?! Yes, you should totally publish this. Maybe separate it into 3 books. And for the love of god please give more of an epilogue. I wanted to see what happened to all of the other characters, like Taiven. Good on you for going back through this monster just to correct spelling errors. Once again, I commend you on your dedication!
jceresuela1998 chapter 1 . 7/28
Great story! Long but totally worth it.
I will be waiting for your next work.
Don't Censor Hen chapter 1 . 7/26
holy shit the main character has a shit personality, like, god, hope his personality changes in future chapters because it's so fucking immature.
serialkeller chapter 108 . 7/19
Amazing story. Just read it for the second time and it was just as good. Thanks for writing this incredible world into existence :D
renextronex chapter 107 . 7/16
This story is just too good, pls gimme some after-stories, has been months since I've read it and I'm still starving for more
dysphere chapter 108 . 6/24
I really loved the story. The depth of the worldbuilding, the magic system, Zorian's character growth from being an antisocial misanthrope to BFFs with Zach. The ending was really satisfying and happy. I liked the symmetry at the end, with RR stuck in his own mental loop for information and how Silverlake's potion ingredients and the hunt for the Grey Hunter were pivotal in the end. I would have liked to see more Zach and Zorian interaction in the epilogue, as well as more scenes of them trying and failing to act normal. I also really liked how several characters had their own motivations, especially Raynie and her similarities to pre-timeloop Zorian, Novelty, and Daimen. I also loved how there was loads of foreshadowing in the early chapters and Zach's angelic contract, and the clever planning that went into making sure he would survive while keeping him ignorant of it. It makes sense the angels would make that part of the contract dependent on his perception.
Guest chapter 108 . 6/23
Wow.
I just found this, and boy. It took me a long time to finish this. It was worth every second of it.
This story isn’t perfect, nothing is, but it’s pretty dang amazing. I would never have been able to plan and write something this massive for years. You are incredible.
The story concept interested me- I like magic and fantasy, and time loops are always fun to read. But this was much better than anything I cloud have hoped for.
The magic system is intricate and very well thought out. The world is very interesting and vast. I think you did an incredible job of world building. The plot was very long and had many twists. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I was always wondering what the truth about the time loop was and became enraptured in the story.
In the beginning, it was fun watching Zorian learn more magic and interact with his peers. Then it got more serious, him doing all he could to train. The part where Zach was more inexperienced and didn’t notice he was a time traveler was great. Then, bam, he is a psychic. The araneae were quite fascinating. There is so much they accomplished together before they got soul killed by Red Robe, I can’t even keep track of it.
Then it got more dangerous. Zach punching Zorian was hilarious, and kinda deserved. And them working together to find Red Robe, the artifacts, and escape on time. So much, but it flowed well. I can agree, your descriptions of people could be a bit brief and the explanation were long, but I didn’t mind. I liked that while Zach was an insane mana tanking fighter, Zorian relied on his own creations and mind magic with a different fighting style. Them meeting Darien was cool too. I liked his character, especially since he really wasn’t that much of a jerk and even sacrificed himself for Zorian. I liked most of the other characters. I don’t think they are all too alike. I’m glad that even though Zach and Zorian learned lots and became experienced, they still had trouble fighting their enemies.
And the end was fantastic. I thought it was maybe a bit rushed, but I loved it. I was horrified when I thought Zorian died, but then realized it was an illusion. I did wish there could have been more of an epilogue, but overall this story was amazing.
I will definitely read it again, more slowly, to pick up all the details.
This was... I have no words. It was a masterpiece in my eyes. You are incredible. I have used that word so much it has probably become meaningless, but still. Fantastic plot, your dedication is amazing.
Thank you.
Gavoruz chapter 108 . 6/21
One of the best I read.

Despite some people saying that you may be using "repeatable" characters (at least as I understood of your afterword), I don't really think is true. You could indeed made a larger epilogue. Personally I found kinda unfair for Zorian to not have at least one woman in some point or more than one. But indeed it would be contrary to his character.

****Spoilers be warned***
On this note there are several things I want to tackle. You would expect grey hunter to want Zorian help instead of directing her to the dragon bellow or the primordials. I would like to see her as a familiar or a shapeshifter for Zorian.

Heck, it would be awesome if he managed to use the abilities of both the plant and the grey hunter. A man can dream right?

In the same thought Zorian didn't extract the information of the lich on how to raise his mama reserves since he CLEARLY slipped that he had a way to do it. Or replicate the blessing. Maybe a creature that would devour Mana as a second blood enhancement along with the plant.

That being said I would like to imagine Zorian using age stoping potion of "silver witch" and the rejuvenation potion. As well as a more perfected soul and mind potion considering he heavy relied on those in the beginning.

At some point I would like if House Noveda and Kazinski united... Zach and Kirelle had a lot in common. A bargaing should be struck to recover the sovereign gate... So we could see 2 full archmages with relative immortality (Zorian and Zach) founding a new house with psych soul and shapeshifter powers along with tank Mana capabilities. It wouldn't be that overwhelming since we saw that there are SEVERAL creatures more powerful than them.

Sadly we didn't see the epilogue of Zach. It did sadden me a lot. (Shame on you author of this amazing story - said him with sarcasm)

I don't think the lich will die or the dragon. And it's very misterious that since Zach knew they have time travel knowledge they weren't erased as Divine intervention.

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't explain were the demons ACTUALLY came from.

Ideally it would be incredibly if House Noveda-Kazinsky made a second accelerated orb with all the Divine keys in it... And isolated partially of the world, maybe with access to one or other gate or some especial ways that hermits would search for them.

Again I know both of them would be stupid powerful with those things but again I will remember again that there are SEVERAL person's creatures and entities far more stronger than them. They could be very well the "last shield", for every new planar alignment.

That and house Noveda-Kazinsky creating a collective mind as the araneans did. And an improved colony of araneans with the principal colonies aligning together and making an aranean parliament. (A council of several matriarchs)

I could go on and on but I suppose this was your choice in the end, and I am very happy. Few are the histories that I can feel that make me with fully closure. You got like 95% of that and that's plenty.

Thank you for your hard work and please do tell or even send any new chapter for us (I mean ME, if you could I grow VERY fond of the history.).

May your career in writing be successful as possible.
5,987 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »