Reviews for Mother of Learning
BIGfoot496 chapter 108 . 3/26/2020
It’s an incredible story! Huuuuge thanks for making it come alive. I’ve been following Zach and Zorian’s (surprisingly unrepetitive) adventures for four years and I’ve been growing up alongside him. I don’t have enough words to describe how much I love this story. One thing I can say, I kept reading even after the translated chapters ended, and I wasn’t very fluent in English at the time. The best thing about this book is that every piece of information you give is not there because of a whim, it actually has a purpose, either for the convenient uncovering of some crucial stuff about the characters or for making the world more real. And, aahh, that universe is gorgeous. One that makes you think “He couldn’t have just made it all up, it must be just around the corner and I wanna go there!”
So, what I desperately want to know is: have you considered making Ikosian a full-fledged language? You obviously care a LOT about world-building, so after you’ve created those life-like people with a whole freaking political system, I wouldn’t be surprised if you made the language they speak, too. And I would loove to see Ikosian as a genuine Conlang.
Guest chapter 108 . 3/26/2020
Pretty good
Guest chapter 108 . 3/22/2020
Holy fucking shit that was good
Guest chapter 108 . 3/19/2020
Thanks for the journey. I have enjoyed it tremendously. I have started this story since chapter 20, and I have been following it ever since. This story have taught me a lot about perspective and I am grateful for it.
Hope to see your new story soon and can't wait for the book to come out.
Fan chapter 108 . 3/16/2020
Thank you.
Evankey chapter 108 . 3/12/2020
Oof, Starting Monday to today(Thursday) I just binge-read and finished this fiction.

Thanks to this great story, I had like 3-4 hours of sleep, despite having classes. I'm in university. So yeah, classes are kind of hard/complex and I ain't the kind of student to skip class for bad reasons. It was hard. But thanks to a dear companion, called 'Coffee', I could mildly stay half-awake...overall.

The universe is well-made and, to my taste, seems to sufficiently explore some of its facets.

The characters are pretty varied. The change in the MC's character was kind of smooth. I don't know if my comprehension of the events is spot-on or faulty, but I find the slow integration of parts of Zack's soul into the MC's, rendering Zorian more sociable. Cool. While in early chapters, he was an ass, a smart hard-working ass. But still an ass. In the end, he's an OP and standard-nice-mc-ish ass, who's still hardworking. But, from the epilogue, he seems to be sort of in-vacation(relaxing), compared to the period in the loop.
psungjun98 chapter 108 . 3/7/2020
amazing story and I feel bittersweet that it's finally came to an end! Following this story for 2-3 years I gotta say I really enjoyed the ride and I had good times reading it in my dorm.. what made this novel really great was its uniqueness. Of course it may not be perfect in terms of the standards of professional literature but little flaws here and there made it kind of real authentic and unique. Thanks for the experience and I really look forward if this novel gets a bit more polished and gets published I think it really deserves it :)
Letouriste chapter 108 . 3/1/2020
Thank you for this amazing story! Been following you since around chapter 20 and it has been a wild ride!
All your auto-critics are probably true but there is three things your story have been conveying strongly: an amazing world, well placed humor and so many well made twists I actually think you have a gift for that!
Will continue to follow you with pleasure whatever you do
Letouriste chapter 107 . 3/1/2020
It...doesn’t feel like the end. Is this just me?
Letouriste chapter 106 . 3/1/2020
Well, I have my answer. Very well done! I loved it:)
Letouriste chapter 104 . 3/1/2020
What about Quatach-ichl? I assumed Zach would have to search for him anyway...or maybe he assumed zorian got to his mind too?
Perfect chapter otherwise:) beautiful
heireau chapter 108 . 2/25/2020
YEAH
Konstantin chapter 1 . 2/24/2020
Thank you so much for a great world/heroes/actions! Enjoyed a ton!

I was so lucky to discover this great book when it was almost complete, so I didn't have to wait for years to find out what's gonna happen in the next chapter! Looking forward to reading your future stories.

Btw, this book has a great russian translation and there is huge amount of russian-speaking fans over there.
kevin chapter 108 . 2/23/2020
If this was translated into Japanese. It would surely receive an anime adaptation. Consider looking into it.
CypherPen chapter 108 . 2/22/2020
Hi, I'd been following your story ever since I'd first encountered the ad for it on the Battle of Gobwin Knob website last year and I have to say that it has been one of my favorite stories so far. The characters are believable and more realistic and though the worldbuilding could still be improved on, it's still provides a reasonable setting. Even the minor characters are actually competent and can be dangerous when pressed, clearly not the clueless buffoons found in some other stories, and even Zorian and Zach have quickly found that they are not to be underestimated.

On a personal note, your story has inspired me to create an account on Fictionpress in order to post my own stories whenever I put them on. Currently, I'm setting up the massive amount of worldbuilding and backgrounds. Have you heard of ? It's truly a godsend!
6,113 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »