Reviews for Mother of Learning
ngocnv371 chapter 107 . 2/10/2020
And of course the overpowered Grey Hunter gets even more powerful. And under compulsion.
Necto chapter 107 . 2/10/2020
There are still a lot of questions. Will Zorian have his own noble house, or will he be in the shade anyway? Will Zach Return the Sovereign's Gate? Will Zach and Zorian hunt Ogany or will the lich do it? how will Zorian make a living? Everything is complicated and there are many more questions. I still believe that after learning the situation of Zorian, many magicians strangled themselves with envy. Whatever the case, this is one of the best stories I've ever read. I hope I will see it in a paper version in Russian with a good design. This book is what our world has been waiting for a long time. P.S. I'm sorry for the poor English and a bunch of crutches needed to write this comment .ul story is ending.
Fayce Mahn chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
Most good stories tend to get axed part way through. Usually people get in accidents or they just lose interest. This novel stayed strong from start to finish. There may be the occasional typo, and the ending may have rollercoastered it's way in, but every chapter kept me reading. So I can only say, "Thank you for the great time."
andrelfr92 chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
I started reading this novel since it had 30 chapters, was one of the first stories i read after i stopped watching anime and started reading (lmao) and boy am i glad i did. To date this is, together with worm, my favourite story. I am thankful from the bottom of my heart that i'm able to read this, a little bit sad that it ended, looking forward for more slice of life on this story or whatever other story you create, you wonderful human being you. Talked enough, thanks again and anxiously waiting for more
Guest chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
Wonderfully well-thought out story. The plot building was extremely impressive. Minor typos in the chapters, with sparse descriptions of characters when introduced/in scenes, but otherwise well described. Overall it was very enjoyable reading the story of Zorian and Zack.
EpicFTW chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
I started Reading this back from 2012 till now in 2020, the wait for each chapter and the fun i had while reading them has been one of the best adventures i had. Thank you!
Guest chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
Thanks so much for this book! I hope you one day try to publish! I'd love a copy for my shelf 3
Chris chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
Been following this for at least eight years, and it has been a wild ride from start to finish. I think I've popped it open to check for an update at least five times a week over that entire period. There's a tough to describe sadness that comes with knowing it's ended, although I'm glad to see it wrapped up so well. Thank you so much for sharing with us over the years as you built this story.
Ending chapter 107 . 2/10/2020
It's sad, I don't want to part with the characters of this novel. But all good things must come to an end.
I enjoyed reading your novel.
Thank you.
kabir0399 chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
A fantastic story, with a very satisfying ending.
Felix2055 chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
Masterpiece, is a masterpiece.
I love the whole novel. Years and years of a captivating and entertaining story. Thank you very much to you nobody103, for giving us one of the best modern fantasy novel.
Birthday Pikachu chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
I will post more detailed reviews in the upcoming weeks, but I want to tell you that this story has been a major part of my life. I have followed it since 2017, and it feels surreal to see it finished. I want to thank you so much for giving me this release, this world: this is the best time loop story I have ever seen, beyond Groundhog's Day, and I love to death the natural blend of mystery, adventure, and fantasy. The characters live in me, partly, and I especially love Zorian as the protagonist.

I love the foreplanning in this story, although I think you can execute it better in revising. I noticed in the Epilogue that Zorian is writing a book for mind mages! This references a resolve he made near the very beginning, I recall, and the only reason I remember this is because I was sure it was completely forgotten! Awesome!

I would be willing to buy this book and support you any way I could. The only two weaknesses this story has is, in my opinion, is 1) technical writing and 2) Red Robe:
1. I think you know, since you mentioned it, that the writing needs to be stronger and tighter. But the only thing you can't fix is a bad idea, and the idea is solid gold. All you need to do is improve the writing. Take some writing classes. Get brutal feedback from professional writers and educators. Examine popular franchises like Harry Potter, which is well-known for solid technical writing, long after fans criticize the plot.
2. I like the Red Robe reveal, but it is the central mystery of the story and can be done better. Put more red herrings and false leads. I was surprised Zorian and Zach spent no on-screen time combing through the upper echleons of the Cult, who had the robes. I was also surprised that you never introduced characters like the president of the school or the teacher Zorian reported to and got stabbed afterwards. The foreign language teacher, in particular, was someone who was never brought up again despite the fact he should have been on Zorian's (paranoid) radar ever since. And you brought up the school president once in a library segment and then made him a non-character. I would put the two in, and then make it slightly more ambiguous until the reveal who it is. Zorian is meticulous and thorough, and when he deduces after Red Robe left he must've regenerated as a new character he should've then been silently suspicious of EVERYONE. For a while in the middle updates I had theories ranging from Damien (until we met him), Zach's caretaker (who could've ambushed him at the start of the loop, and plausibly learned about it from Zach), and even Xvim. Don't intentionally mislead people, but introduce more characters and throw some ambiguity to foster the mystery. When they first meet Jornak, you have a long section where they debate whether he is Red Robe or not. Keep it, but cut it significantly and drop it from there.

I will leave more reviews in the future under the name Birthday Pikachu, but for now, thank you again. You can live all your life and still die a fool.
Marksbay chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
I'm both sad, and happy. It's a great story, and I'm sad to see it end, but also happy, because the story was great! I would love to see a sort of slice of life aftermatch; sounds wonderful. I thank you for sharing such a great story, and hope you will write more in the future. Have a nice day!
FaustisianDemon chapter 108 . 2/10/2020
My truest and greatest of congratulations nobody. To finish a book like this must feel insanely fulfilling and you should be very proud to have brought such a great work of art into the world. I've been reading the book through constant updates since about 2015 i believe, perhaps earlier, I binged the book up to the 19th chapter where it hadn't been expanded yet. I absolutely love this book to the ends of the earth and back, it has such a unique premise and some of the most fun world building i've ever seen let alone the magic and characters. Your magic system is incredible, it is flexible and diverse yet clear and properly defined in a way I have not seen anywhere else. Its shown me exactly what I like about fictional world building and power systems. Its amazing that you acknowledge your writing is not perfect, but i personally think that different writing style can lend to some incredible characterization if used properly. For you, your concerns of sparce character and environment descriptions, long info dumps and high vocabulary perfectly fit into Zorians characterization. It is incredible and probably one of my favorite things about the book because it gives the whole thing a proper feel of being told from Zorians perspective. Its does what Catcher In the Rye tried to make the premise of the book and uses it for realism. I could write for hours about how much I loved your work of art (and I probably will leave more reviews each time I reread and remember something I love) but in the end the best thing i can do is say congratulations and thank you. You've brought a piece of art into the world that has made a profound impact on my life and has thoroughly changed my tastes and expectations for any media i consume in the future. Thank you once again
Oblivionem chapter 1 . 2/10/2020
Your story has brought me do much joy ever since I discovered it- I looked forward to every chapter. It saddens me that it's over now but I think you have done a wonderful job. Thank you so much! I wish you good luck in any future endeavors!
6,114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »