Reviews for Mother of Learning
Guest chapter 76 . 12/30/2020
Holy crap, if she escalates her 'fetch mission' to Primordial... anything... I say try again next time!
Guest chapter 74 . 12/30/2020
"
Being accompanied by a simulacrum might help him convince her that he wasn't just a precocious teenage mage and that she should actually take him seriously.
"
Uhm... you defeated... nevermind, you're right, the witch is way too irrational to approach with rational thought!

I don't know where you got the idea for pocket dimensions, well, for a lot of your magic system for that matter, but you weave them into your story splendidly. It makes reading this tale an incredible pleasure.

I have to wonder if Silverlake hasn't detected Zorian's witch ancestry the way she keeps instructing him about the history of practices.
jstf chapter 51 . 12/30/2020
Daaaaaaaaaang!
Guest chapter 73 . 12/30/2020
"
"We're going to kill a giant spider," he told her. "And then we're going to visit an annoying old woman with its remains…"
"
This made me chuckle and then laugh at myself for how genuinely satisfying that event will be.
I hope? :D
Guest chapter 72 . 12/30/2020
I'm super hopeful about a future with Taiven... and equally leery for a number of reasons.
Still, it makes me happy to think that our hero isn't going to whittle away his days in research and never know love.
Guest chapter 70 . 12/30/2020
Absolutely Epic!
Guest chapter 69 . 12/30/2020
"
Only the Triumvirate Church has enough experts in ghost fighting to counter a wraith outbreak after it gathers some steam, and they were decimated in the Weeping.
"
Damn, I'm really disappointed. Your story is written with a high degree of intelligence, so finding this pathetic modern bastardization of simple language really bums me out.
Deci means 1/10th, Decimate means to reduce by 10%... that such a simple word has become twisted so thoroughly that even clever authors stoop to its use is terribly frustrating.
Devastated, ravaged, and scourged all serve the purpose and actually mean what you infer.
Use 'nearly' before annihilated, destroyed, dismantled, eradicated, obliterated, or wiped out to accomplish the same goal.
Sorry for the rant, I love the story, I just hate how we as a people have completely failed at basic vocabulary.

The whole scene with Sudomir was a bit surreal but the transformation was a terrifying moment until Alanic simply 'dealt with it', reminding us that he's a scary badarse.
Guest chapter 68 . 12/29/2020
This is simply amazing, your battles never get boring!
jstf chapter 24 . 12/21/2020
These cliffhangers are brutal. I'm SUPPOSED to be working, but noOOooOO, now I gotta read the next chapter!
Anonymous chapter 108 . 12/19/2020
Oh boy... where to start?

I started reading Mother of Learning in late 2018. It was introduced to me by my uncle, and I fell in love immediately. It was something we could talk about each month, a simple, "have you read the new chapter of Mother of Learning?" I've reccomended the story to several other people since then, and I continue to do so. And even now, almost a year later, I still cannot believe that the story is over. I was only there to catch the last year or so of it's runtime, but this story was here when I entered high school. And I don't know why, but that means a lot to me. I just want to say thank you so much for this wonderful story that I am about to re-read for the third or fourth time now. I don't know if you will ever publish this story as an actual book, but believe me, if you do I will be among the first in line to get a copy. Again, thank you so very much, and I wish you luck in all your endeavors.
Unbreakable Ark chapter 11 . 12/17/2020
I'm very interested to learn more about Kael and what exactly a morlock is, so hopefully Zorian gets to befriend him in a future reset. Like Zorian, I really didn't expect him to have a daughter... But first impressions can be deceiving. Interesting that when Zach dies, time resets for Zorian, too. I'm sure that will come into play more as the story goes on. Once again, really enjoying this so far!
jstf chapter 16 . 12/17/2020
You lost me at spiders. Eeuuugh!

But for real, this story keeps delivering.
jstf chapter 15 . 12/16/2020
Mmm, gimme all that tasty worldbuilding. The supposed sacrificial magic and cannibalism of the morlocks is giving me the same vibes as the mysterious and unfairly maligned Lakewalkers from 'The Sharing Knife' series by Lois Bujold. TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE MORLOCKS.

Interesting how the rumors of mind magic-using spiders spread so effectively, and without Zorian's name coming up no less. Maybe giving up on alerting people somehow was too hasty after all...?

This story just gets juicier and juicier.
jstf chapter 6 . 12/15/2020
'lost in a future he left behind him' is SUCH a dope line.

Zach is back? How juicy. Can't wait to get some answers (although I'm sure it'll just lead to more questions).
Unbreakable Ark chapter 5 . 12/14/2020
I've been hearing about this story a lot, and finally started it. From the first five chapters, I can already tell that you've created something very special. The concept feels very unique, and I feel like certain things will be very important as the story progresses. At first, Zorian's constant complaining bothered me, but I'm warming to him already which again is the sign of a good writer. Overall your prose is absolutely amazing and very engaging, and the mystery you've set up, the mystery of why time keeps looping, is a very interesting one. I'll review again when I get a bit further- I'm really looking forward to reading more!
6,113 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »