Reviews for Thinking of You
Infinitely Silent chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
This was very good. I related to it in many ways, which is always good for a writer. Good work!
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This feels more like prose than poetry. However, that's not to say I don't like it. I like it quite a bit, actually - especially the first stanza. The whimsicalness of all the things the speaker associates with this person s/he misses is delightfully unique, and personal. The following stanzas are good as well. The conversation the speaker holds in his/her head conveys the feeling of yearning very nicely. You do well to bring out the connection between these two separated people. I ache for them.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Congrats of being such a great trick or treater!

I really liked the format here. The way you listed all the things in the beginning at once and then expanded on them later on. The only thing is I kind of wished all the items were explained instead of just a few of them.

I liked the subject here. Missing someone is something everyone can relate to. I also liked how it's vague about who the person is that you're missing. The reference to you being 5 makes me think it's a family member, but it's still open enough that people can interpret it different ways. We also all have specific moments that we can think of instead of yours which is great too.

I liked the flow of the piece. In teh first stanza you broke the listed items up into different groups in a way that flowed really well and your line breaks throughout the piece created a nice flow too.

Overall I enjoyed the piece. It was really right in between poetry and prose and it worked really well. It made me want to know more about the narrator's relationship with the person they were missing and what happened to that person and it made me think about people in my life that I missed. Great job!
Erysimum chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I've never reviewed anything of yours before (nice to meet you!) but I read some of your stuff before I got an account and you definitely deserve a review from me.

This made me smile at the same time as it made me sad, which is an achievement! The sentiment of the poem is sad, but it's full of so many memories, each suggesting their own story. I like that you don't elaborate on the relationship. It feels very personal to read, but it was lovely to do so.

I wasn't sure about the ellipses, but that's just a personal peeve because I always think things work just as well without. But overall I really like this style of writing- it's poetic without feeling forced, and the repetitions that link each section to the others are nice. Thank you for posting!