Reviews for Colossus
Who Is This Girl Anyway chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
There's some beautiful imagery here. You've obviously got a knack for description, not to mention an excellent vocabulary.

I think I'd have liked a little more clues regarding what's going on in the poem if there's a specific story to it. However, I get the impression it's intended to be a little vague. I don't think this sounded pretentious or poncy.

I like your use of free verse as it gives the poem a sort of floaty, day-dreaming quality which fits well given that the speakers are remembering someone they have lost.

Katie
fossy chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Surprisingly not as pompous and pretentious as your usual stuff, or maybe a little bit so but the emotion injected in it makes it more palatable. The imagery is, as always, absolutely gorgeous, and I love the flow it has to it.

Although I have to say, you didn't have to write me a poem, Douglas. Not that I'm not flattered by this, but come on now ;P
That Day Is Mine chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
;_; BUT WHY IS THIS SO PRETTY. WHY CAN EVERYONE WRITE SUCH AMAZING POETRY BUT I CANNAE. I CANNAE.

PERHAPS THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN AN ACTUAL PROPER REVIEW WERE I NOT A FANGIRL FOREVER. But no, no, no, this is just as lovely as anything you've written AND YOU'VE FINALLY WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW, WHICH IS EXCITING IN AND OF ITSELF!

I reaaaally like the image this paints of trying to find someone and just, these lines:

Shouting shouting long into the night

Until our echoes became another voice

And we thought it was yours

SO PRETTY. AND THIS AS WELL "As it melts those waves until all that is left is a sea of bronze of solid bronze" IDK. THIS IS BRILLIANT AND YOU NEED TO WRITE MORE. FUR REALSAUCE.

JUST GIVE ME ALL YOUR TALENT, MKAY?