Reviews for Card Master: Spirit
chapellefan chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Interesting premise. You could ease us into the characters before throwing us into this world and the description of the characters is a bit clunky but not bad. I'll continue reading when I can.
Eytha chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
You make some clever uses of abilities during the game. It made the game more complex than the previously more straightforward game. This one was definitely more interesting to see play out.

I know that the nature of these things is to explain things for the sake of the reader, but the one testing him acts pretty clueless about the cards they gave him to use in the test. So it still feels a little awkward them asking what happened. It might work smoother if Klyn explained his action rather than answering a question. It would still answer things to the reader without the one testing him seeming like they don't know how the cards work.

It might also work that you explain the details of the cards through descriptions in the narration of the battle rather than having them say it out loud. It would help out the characters that are supposed to have higher levels of experience and knowledge of the game.

Overall, I like this chapter. The battle was well done and the cards used were interesting. There is a good flow the game. Keep up the hard work!
Eytha chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
More of the game is explained in this chapter. The game feels quite a bit like Yugioh at this point with the only difference being the amount of points for health before defeat. It is not necessarily a bad thing. The game is faithful to the flow and feeling you get from such shows. So readers that are fans should enjoy it.

There is a lot of explanation through the dialogue, which is hard not to have given that you need to get the reader used to it. Though it does feel that it was at the expense of the descriptions. There was very little described. You give just enough to see what is happening, but it is very brief.

I don't know the knowledge level of Klyn with the cards, but he sounds very knowledgeable when speaking even though it was implied he was still new to the game. The amount of confidence he had playing and skill seemed a little surprising for someone that won with flukes.

A solid battle and more mysteries at the end. Overall, the cards are focused on well and given a fleshed out game. I'll be curious how things turn. Keep up the hard work!
Eytha chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Sorry for the delay on reviewing you. I hadn't forgotten. It's been a while since I've read a card game inspired story. Though a lot of the card game is still not explained it does feel like it borrows from Yugioh quite a bit, but it is hard not to feel that way with Yugioh largely being the one that made it popular.

One quick thing. I'm assuming that hundreds or thousands of people are playing the game to be ranked. So it seemed a little strange hearing them speak as though 25 was a low rank for him. It is not the top positions, but 25 is pretty high for someone that you said has won on luck and without a deck of their own. Ranking aside, he sounds a bit like Joey with his victories being luck based and a recent starter with an unusually high rank for someone so new.

The end of the chapter is where you start differentiating yourself with the gem. Since the card game is not explained in the chapter the mystery and important grand scale talk help to give something exciting for the reader. The way the cliffhanger ends I'm assuming you'll be getting into more details about the game in the next chapter.

Making the main character a bit of the underdog will help to make him more appealing. And overall, even with the similarities with Yugioh, you quickly work to go in your own direction. Without knowing the game more it will be hard to judge that aspect, but you have a good start. There is some mystery and questions to keep the reader coming back to learn more. Keep up the hard work!
Richard Omega chapter 35 . 12/18/2011
Nice way of ending this plus lol Sora. Any who i'll put shiro's lost in the records.
Fierce Ookami chapter 35 . 12/17/2011
awesome final chapter for the series though i woulda did the epilogue separate but thats just me. anyway cant wait for star
Fierce Ookami chapter 28 . 12/8/2011
nice chapter Van. Klyn and friends will have trouble with c1 c2 and c3. cant wait for more!
Richard Omega chapter 28 . 12/8/2011
Shark Sword and Sharkeon Armor could have an infinite loop there, luckily Kazu has his Megalodon Armor which prevents it from being destroy by returning 1 of the shark monsters removed from play to the deck XD, also the first OTF in all of the series congratulations XD!
Fierce Ookami chapter 27 . 12/4/2011
good chapters but i dont get how mina and clara can have a kid
decode9 chapter 24 . 11/30/2011
Nice chapter. You even include lighting armor :). Well the next one will be fun. Also I am writing the next chapter and it should be up by the end of the week if not the start of next week.
Richard Omega chapter 24 . 11/29/2011
Zen Doomsday is banned. At least that's what would happen if it was yugioh lol. Didn't expected the draw but oh well Oh and Cross.

PREPARE TO DIE!
decode9 chapter 22 . 11/29/2011
Nice chapter. Also Van please review my new chapter and tell me how I did with a certain character that appears.
Richard Omega chapter 22 . 11/28/2011
Gem Star Magician the next Rainbow Dark Dragon? Good episode by the way
Richard Omega chapter 20 . 11/20/2011
Which one? By the way like the host is he the main Antagonist? XD
decode9 chapter 19 . 11/16/2011
Nice Chapter. I also have a preview. I have decided to spoil it early so here it is.

Shadow of sorrows

An evil born of hate

A duel for family

Coming Soon: Card Master Delta Corruption

A Movie Event

Trish: Lets Pick Up The Pace

?: Dont forget me. I'll step it up to the max
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »