Reviews for All the Bitter Songs
unit chapter 21 . 3/22
Fantastic as usual
munch n crunch chapter 21 . 3/21
appreciate the fast updates! we're already in chapter 21 and i still have no idea where you are going to take this story...and i'm not sure if that's good or bad :D

as to your rewrite of 100 love letters please do keep us posted on its progress. will you be posting the rewrite her in fiction press? i hope so :) and also, will the rewrite have a closure for nikita and amy's story? thanks!
Lauren chapter 21 . 3/19
I'm so glad this is back! (For a few weeks now, haha.) I started reading when you first started writing 100 Love Letters and I've been hooked every since. Are you going to publish your rewrite? I'd love to read it!
Kyranol chapter 21 . 3/19
Ugh, first the Ives mom and now Angel, not that I don't like her, just that it may screw up things between Nikita and Amy causing tension in the group. And because of Murphy's law, it's certain to happen.
Always gets worse before it gets better...
I'm very cynical and pessimistic if you haven't noticed.
And thanks for the new chapter!
I'm looking forward to the rewrite too!
Pseudonym59 chapter 21 . 3/19
Oh dear. Ives's mother is really grating on my nerves. With the first interview I thought "Ok, maybe she doesn't know any better." but I feel like she's using the interviews to passive agressively get Ives to speak to her. Which is not cool.
unit chapter 20 . 3/8
Update for us soon?
akaCHEEKS chapter 20 . 3/2
Yes! I'm so glad to read this chapter! I've been waiting for this moment! I hadn't checked fictionpress in a while and imagine my surprise when I see you've updated this story and I found I was a couple of chapters behind. I'm sorry you had a sinus infection that resulted in an ER visit though (

And, girlfriend, 100 Love Letters is your story and you do what you feel is right with it. I'm not going to lie, I would love to have that story as an ebook on my kindle (or wherever you decide to publish it with, but I'm hoping it's with amazon).
Lalilala1357 chapter 20 . 2/22
Hi! I just wanted to say that I stopped reading FictionPress stories a while ago, but this one's the only reason I keep coming back. It has a sort of depth and maturity that's really hard to come by on this site—even more so after your extended break between Chapter 16 and 17.

I think I last read 100 Love Letters a few years ago, and I have to agree that, after skimming the first few chapters again, I definitely agree that your writing has gotten much, much better. And not just plot-wise—your overall style is a lot more sophisticated now.

That being said, one thing that does detract a bit from your writing is comma misuse.

That includes leaving them out:
He nearly passed out from the action(,) and instead(,) he ended up vomiting on his own feet.
Though(,) she was laughing her head off(,) so he supposed (that) he shouldn't (be feeling) sorry for her.

Putting commas where they shouldn't be:
Ives had to admit, Kale's idea to go to the Lake had been a good one.
should be
Ives had to admit (that) Kale's idea to go to the Lake had been a good one.

Of course, he'd be concerned.
should be
Of course he'd be concerned.

Comma splices:
She's twenty-one, that deserves a big to-do.
should be
She's twenty-one; that deserves a big to-do.
or
She's twenty-one. That deserves a big to-do.

Your writing is lovely, but being the grammar Nazi I am, I just wish that the grammar was a bit tighter :) Hope this helps!
Pseudonym59 chapter 20 . 2/22
Oh dear. Ives's mother sure revealed a lot in that interview. A lot of lies but also some truth in the lies. Well, I guess he couldn't avoid her forever.

Aw, I love sentimental gift-giving. And those kisses. :) I like Manda and Ives. Not much drama going on there with the relationship. They're just happy to be in each other's company. :)
Kyranol chapter 20 . 2/22
Oh god, that interview is really worrying me now.
It feels like shits gonna hit the fan somehow making Ives turn to drugs and alcohol again burning all of the bridges he's built with the others.
Dammit why can't things stay happy?
I hate Murphy's law...
Pseudonym59 chapter 19 . 2/19
Awww, I like the reconciliation scene between Kale and Ives. Maybe Eric and Ives will be on thier way to having one too eventually. :)
Pseudonym59 chapter 17 . 2/19
I love that Manda is a fantasy fan.
Pseudonym59 chapter 16 . 2/19
Awww, these Manda and Ives moments really get to me in a good way. They gel so well. :)
Pseudonym59 chapter 15 . 2/19
Ahhh, I love when you find the title's namesake. :)
Pseudonym59 chapter 14 . 2/19
Oohhh a letter. It can't be from his father or mother can it?
207 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »