Reviews for A Gift of Thought
Author Leigh Songstad chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
I love your writing! I don't have a kindle though :( I am new to fictionpress and you're the first writer i've seen with an amazon link. Did you decide to publish your book after your reviews here? I am nearly finished editing my 3-part novel and haven't recieved much feedback from readers. I signed up a few weeks ago and have a lot of views, but no reviews.
MaxMom chapter 44 . 5/31/2012
Wow. How incredibly lucky I am that you are my sister. I'm able to brag to everyone about what a wonderful writer you are.. I really liked what you did with Dillon's energy. You had me worried .
AllyrienDM chapter 44 . 5/29/2012
Looking great! I like the way you segued into the scene with Akira in the diner.
AllyrienDM chapter 43 . 5/29/2012
I loved the back-and-forth between the lawyers. And I'm glad Rose is okay!
Luckycool9 chapter 44 . 5/29/2012
BREATH-TAKING AND INTENSE... that's all I can say... I love to know what Dillon has to do. When you are done editing ,can you send me a pdf like last time. same email adresss too. I love the ending and hope their's an AKira and the child sequel soon.
G T Fretwell chapter 42 . 5/28/2012
Hi,

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's really good and I thought it sounded right for him- I imagine it's a tricky thing to write about because it's essentially just a string of consciousness. I thought maybe it could be elaborated a little bit around the part of Dillon discussing his death-we've never really heard his perception of what happened or what went on just after for example?

I'll be looking out for your next update-this is officially my favourite story at the moment!

Gen xx
Luckycool9 chapter 42 . 5/27/2012
Dillon, you can find a way... I really can''t wait for more
AllyrienDM chapter 42 . 5/27/2012
This seemed perfectly in keeping with Dillon's character. And I don't think extreme agony was necessary. The bit about auras and the explanation of Akira's appeal was interesting. I think it might be worth considering a scene where Dillon & Sylvie talk out his guilt over Chesney, if you haven't already (poor Akira!). Especially since they haven't really managed a bonding moment given all the communications issues.
Elizabeth Drake chapter 42 . 5/27/2012
That chapter was actually quite good compared to what youre talking about in your note. I wouldn't have known how to write another chapter after the last one. However I dont know what you mean by talking about Dillons Gran and the aura thing.
ZeroGain chapter 41 . 5/24/2012
I'm reading out of order, mind, but I am still liking thus vert much. There are a few ways to play a scene like this, and you don't go typical police procedural (thank you).

Oh Lord, me and my brother were at our mother's house a few weeks ago ripping all over SVU and the absolute promotion of the police state, so really, THANK YOU.

I don't know why Lucas and Sylvie can share thoughts directly, but it's a nice interlude there. I love that your characters always grow in your stories.

Keep up the good work!
Luckycool9 chapter 41 . 5/23/2012
wait have we met the sherieff before Great chapter and can't wait for more
AllyrienDM chapter 41 . 5/23/2012
Hmm, hmm, hmm. That's a very clever loophole you just used. Are we ever going to learn anything about Lucas' friend the Sheriff? Because I'm curious now and - OMG you named him Colin, that just registered. Ha!
Nita L chapter 40 . 5/22/2012
Oh, no! I really hope Dillon's going to be okay. And I didn't think it was possible to dislike Chesney any more than I did already, but I do.
Luckycool9 chapter 40 . 5/21/2012
You are one of the best writers I know and the end of this chapter was great because no one ould have seen it coming... SO that what could happen to an angry ghost, they can burn out...I can't wait for more
AllyrienDM chapter 40 . 5/21/2012
Actually I've been listening to Graham Hancock's "Entangled" on audio book and thinking that I like your writing better. So there! His characters are unreasonably dense, I guess to create tension but the real tension is my desire to smack them upside the head.

Anyways. Reviewing now. I've been anticipating this moment with Dillon since you mentioned needing him to be stressed on the train, but that didn't stop me from panicking for him when it finally came. It was clever of you to have Rose on hand so you could have someone who realized what was happening providing dialogue alongside Chesney. / Poor Dillon. Max at least seems to have things well in hand... I hope.
169 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »