Reviews for The Paperweight Doll
SmashedIce.X chapter 11 . 1/20/2012
I liked this! Great writing as always. :)
YasuRan chapter 11 . 1/20/2012
The mix of physical and metaphysical pain creates this gloriously acrid image of inner desecration of the soul. This chapter, complete with implosion of the heart, the inner self, pretty much sums up the work as a whole so far. We watch the protagonist repress and thus drown further in her agony. The meaning of 'The Paperweight Doll' becomes all too apparent as she becomes an anchor to keep her outside world from spinning off its axis, but cannot do much to fix her own innermost anxieties. Like the doll, valued and esteemed but fragile and immobile against her will.

Forgive my rant, but this is such a fascinating character-study. You inject this tone of violent vibrancy into your words, even when ascribing them to such grisly imagery at times. For me, that just makes the feeling of entrapment all the more tangible. We can feel the weight of emotion just as the Doll does. Stunning work.
SmashedIce.X chapter 10 . 1/18/2012
I like the ending of this, it fits in well with the rest of the poem. I also think acetylocholine fits in with the poem too, when I read your explanation. Using scientific words gives your poetry an interesting effect, I always feel like I learn something! :)
SmashedIce.X chapter 9 . 1/12/2012
Wow, this is brilliant! It seems different to your normal format of poetry, but I still really liked it! :)
SmashedIce.X chapter 8 . 1/12/2012
I did read this a few days ago but for some reason the site wasn't letting me review anything. Anyways, just wanted to say that I really liked this, it was clever and the science element to it didn't put me off as most scientific things do. Thanks for the explanation at the beginning, I would never have known that otherwise! :)
Laoch chapter 8 . 1/10/2012
I absolutly love how this just flows together. There are no stutters in your style and I thought the lack of stanzas was an excellent play. The story is told with great discriptions as well, not painting the scene, but the real picture. .

I did note one little place I'd nitpick. In the first chunck, you've separated 'that' and 'fogs', each their own line and I feel that it could work much better if they were in the same line. Just those two would be stronger together then apart.

But an awesome poem and the simplisity of the ending pulled everything into a nice ball.

lazer
SmashedIce.X chapter 7 . 11/29/2011
I felt like I was in a rainforest while I was reading this, which is pretty weird but that's what frogs always make me think about. Great writing as always! :)
Ulquishinee chapter 7 . 11/29/2011
A bit morbid, but very good. :)
Ulquishinee chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
Very good! :)
Guest chapter 6 . 11/26/2011
I really liked this, it's like the darker side of Alice in Wonderland - very well written!

Also, thank you for your other review! :)
SmashedIce.X chapter 5 . 11/15/2011
"like the night's shade,

i wake up and die

with the morning"

This was my favourite part, really well written! :)
Ulquishinee chapter 5 . 11/14/2011
It's like every poem gets better and better. Just...wow. :)
Ulquishinee chapter 4 . 11/14/2011
Another wonderful piece.:)
Ulquishinee chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
I'm speachless. That was so...so...wow.
SmashedIce.X chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
I liked the last sentence, that was particularly poignant for me. Great work! :)