Reviews for I, Grendel
LilMournbid chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Holy shit! What a small world! You are the friend of Chris Boe who did a movie for! So cool! Sorry for the yelling, but I was just a little surpirsed is all.

Anyways, I like this story and how you described it so well, I mean, I could actually feel my arm hurt when you described Grendal's pain! Hehe, sorry for my blathering!

Well, I hope you write more stories in the future and I wish the best of luck to ya!
Mizamour chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Oh, wonderful...beautiful... I love this! I've always liked Grendel in Beowulf... awesome piece, great writing!
spinach chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
hm... i did like it, don't get me wrong, but it was very weird. Perhaps it would help if i knew the story better...

For uncultured people such as myself who don't know the classics, I think that you need more background etc. And I think you changed to third person once or twice which was a bit confusing... hmm... this sounds really horrible, which it isn't supposed to be because GREAT STORY AND ALL THAT JAZZ!
Melissa Perez chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
I generally liked this. Beowulf is easily one of the best stories I've read and I was really able to appreciate reading it from my favourite characters POV. It's a bit repetitive in some spots, though (especially the second to last paragraph). You might want to revise it a bit. Otherwise, great effort, and thanks :D
Lellida chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Whoa, so good! We did this in english class too. I love how evil and spiteful Grendel sounds. (there's one spot where the POV changes; be wary) Gorgeously written. I love it.
hidden.contradiction chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
wow. we're going to play a song called beowulf in band next semester. it's a very hard piece. and we read beowulf in the 12th grade. i like how it was written from the monster's point of view. (i've already read beowulf) it always seems to be told from the hero's point of view. but i'm glad someone took a different view and attempted to understand. i like it. keep up the writing techniques. i like the description.. though it is kind of gory in some spots. lol. what could you expect? i'll talk to you later. toodles!
Lissa chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
well that's a new twist on the whole Beowulf story. good job!
Virtex chapter 1 . 10/13/2000
That was very good! Very bloody, yet still good.