Reviews for Thank You for Mommy
CameliaLisha chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Oh my gosh. This is so beautiful. When you said Ellen was just seventeen, I had to double back and read that line again. I felt so sorry for Ellen and her kids, so innocent, not knowing the truth. This is so sad and... so nicely done! Good job!
Hotwyr chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Jm, whether you know it or not, subconsciously when you write you create art!

You've done incredibly well to bring yourself up to the level your at now and i hope you continue to write whenever you get the urge.

I like this short story. Although full of angsty parts that could quite easily drag me down until im dribbling in the corner crying to myself lol, you balance them well with hope and dreams and a little child innocence which brings about a realistic story that to me, is very much like real life itself. It's sad to say i guess, something like this happening in real life is appalling, but we all know it happens.

You've managed to take to gloom and doom of everyday society, look it in the face and turn it into a beautiful heartfelt story.

In short; the context of the story brings about a realistic edge that many loose in fiction, yet somehow managing to keep it light hearted and a good 'happy ending warm and fuzzy'... Somehow, i dunno, your just amazing ;)

Be proud of this one man, just as you should be of all your writing :)

Hotwyr ;)
The Egg chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This is a talented juxtaposition of the concepts of utter hatred and absolute love, written concisely and with a crispness and undeniable snap!-ness. Of course, it does have a naive vibe about it, seeing as how you as an author probably did not live through such horrors (if you did, great apologies for any offense). Thank You for Mommy demonstrates your potential as a writer.

8/10