Reviews for Mean Girls
Zobindiyaether chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Apollo:

Nah he captured it from a 4th grade girl's perspective pretty well. Atleast the ones trying not to be completely 20 at 8.
In 4th grade before all the issues 8th grade girls deal with(post puberty), being excluded from the only group of friends you have is a big deal. Being isolated and having your friends turned on you hurts a lot for a kid. It hurts for anyone, even an 8th grader. Plus 4th graders are kids compared to 8th graders and things like boys/parties/etc. aren't issues to them yet. Though they do have pretend husbands and things. I think this story was still spot on about the bullying issues little girls unfortunately face. Although you are right, the reality is much worse.

Because this world is a very cruel, nasty, and ignorant. Yet there are still good with good people who make it better.
Zobindiyaether chapter 4 . 6/7/2013
Oh there was a girl like Nikii who was the teacher's pet. This one teacher would yell at me for doing something that this girl(and the rest of the group I was in) argued/forced me to do something I specifically knew we weren't. Then calmly tells her not to.

The teachers, who practice favorism and condone/turn a blind eye to bullies(esp their favorite students) should be the ones who are punished at the same level the bullies are. They should not be exempt from the law and get away with anything due to their tenor. This is exactly why I hate my old elementary school. The only good teachers that stayed in my memory were my 1st grade(she was so nice) & 2nd grade teachers.
Zobindiyaether chapter 3 . 6/7/2013
I hate that and sadly I can relate. I lost a couple of ''friends'' who betrayed me to bully me. Even on fanfiction, esp. on a fanfiction. People are cruel and selfish.
Apollo-the-second chapter 4 . 3/21/2012
This story's got a good hit a being practical. I think it's brave to write about bullying, and personally i think you have no idea how being bullied is, atleast not from a girl's point of view. But its no be expected, since you make out to be a boy. Hey, no hard feelings. i'm just stating the obvious. being bullied is probably mellow in 4th Grade. but trust me, 8th grade bullying is...well, lets talk about better things

i love ice-cream!
Cows Say Moo chapter 4 . 12/7/2011
oohh a cliff hanger
Cows Say Moo chapter 2 . 12/7/2011
Your favorite rock? Really?
Lidi999 chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
good chapter :)

Can't wait to see what happens next
Maggie Smith chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
This story is very true to life and easy to relate to. My main concern is that Rebecca's voice sounds too mature for a fourth grader - I can't imagine a kid that age speaking that way. The story seems to be about Rebecca looking back on things that happened in the past, but I think having a "fourth grader" voice would make the story even better. But the situation you've described - with nobody really seeming to know the origin of the IHR club - is good. I can imagine that this would really happen. I sympathize with Rebecca.
ConcreteAngel14 chapter 4 . 12/3/2011
Aw! In 4th grade, I remember having that problem last year in 8th grade. No little kid should have to deal with that.
Stranger Person chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
dang.. ya know somethin? this happened to meh too.. when i was in 4rth grade, only i was da new kid and had only 1 friend to betray meh.. i do kinda wanna know more bout what the others look like though, like descriptions :)
Stranger Person chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
yea, i agree wit Rebecca.. dey say dat words aint gonna hurt, but dey DO hurt, words.. cut deep, sometimes so deep, ya dunno what the heck to do...
Crystal Hearts chapter 4 . 12/3/2011
I love this book! You are what inspired me 2 get an account so thanks my bestie :) hahaha you did such a good job on this and I feel so terrible for Rebecca! Just make sure to add more details to the chapters so I can get a feel of how the characters are and how you are feeling. Gr8 work!
J112011 chapter 4 . 12/3/2011
uh, this is getting complicated

so... is this the end? or not yet?

and as far as the law goes... how many kids will dare to tell on their friends that they're being bullied? law or not, bullying is still going on
J112011 chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
IHR stands for I hate Rebecca. Yikes, those girls are really mean.
Luckycool9 chapter 4 . 12/3/2011
This is good and her friends were stupid but i hope they get their two biit in the end