Reviews for Paper Tiger
GossamerSilverglow chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I really like that Derik is second guessing everything, but he is a jerk. All he did was send her a get better text? Pft! He’s hot when he’s getting blown and all demand-y though, I’ll give him that. Is Quan Chinese? I don’t know how I missed it, if that’s the case. Asian’s are hot…men and women! Quan not knowing what to do about Derik’s over, what do you call it, attentiveness? *Swoon* I’m gonna have a heart attack here, I’ll have to go fish for another. Hehe. He stayed in that hospital room and played Go Fish. Alright, damn it, I let loose a giggle. The girly girl in me has come out with this story.

Cameras! I’ll bet the female nurses are having a ball! Dominant!Derik and DirtyTalking!Derik…I need a fan. Derik just doesn’t really seem to care about being caught, at least not as much as Quan. So is it that he doesn’t believe he’s gay and he’s just having sex, or he’s accepted the fact that he’s bisexual , or is it something else? You touched on it a little more as I read on. It’s like he just doesn’t want to deal with it now. He’s an ‘in the moment’ kind of guy then? It makes sense and it matches his personality! Great job!
Nitzer chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I'm a little late to reviewing this but I just found you again and remember why I fell in love with your stories in the first place. Watching these characters grow from the beginning of these series of one-shots is so gratifying but their personalities are still so clear and likable if you just read one. The way these two act around each other (and apart) is just so real and amusing and sweet.
moon-skittles chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Gaaaah yay.
I like Derik a lot :3 His inner turmoil here is very well done. The characterization of him is great.
And, honestly, this chapter was hot. Like really, smoking hot.
Lovely poetry in the narration, especially in the beginning.
Creative title! I like it.
I totally would write something more intelligent, but you turned my mind into goo. I might return to this story later and write you a proper critque.
Persevera chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
I like the paper tiger more now. It's nice to see he really cares about somebody besides himself, despite his efforts not to.
[He doesn't even bother to fix his hair – which sticks out in various parts at odd angles like freshly tousled hay, the inevitable result of having suffered too many bouts of him shoving his hands anxiously back through it when it was still sweaty and impressionable. And then letting it dry that way.] I really liked this description of Derik's hair. It told me not only exactly what it looked like but how he was feeling. And impressionable was a great word to use.
Complex Variable chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
The parenthetical comments are annoying. They feel like you (the author) are intruding unnecessarily in the prose. I feel like you could try to do the info-dumping in a smoother manner. Either that, or make them into... FOOTNOTES! :D

I really like the dialogue, though. It's immensely, wonderfully realistic. It has a great sense of rhythm and "appropriateness"—that is to say, it's highly suited to portraying your characters doing the things that they do.

CV
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Well written, their relationship is very understandable and sweet and wonderful. Looking forward to them finally saying what is on the tip of their tongues...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
These two are adorable together, meant to be together...if you keep writing about them, I will most definitely follow and read as they are growing on me.
Starryeyeddaydreamer9 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I really liked this one shot ! I'm going go and check out any other stories with these two
tazssj chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
this was grate - well im going to go read mor of you stories now
lovesyoumore chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Love your stories! Can't wait for more.
CloudsOfRabbits chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Once again I am impressed. Each story of these two progresses and I really love that. They aren't just one-shots reusing characters, but one-shot continuations of the character's story where each one adds more depth to the characters and their situation. I love it.
j chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Wow, you're an impressively good writer... Great realism and character depth. This series gets more and more interesting - especially having Derik's perspective again. Also, I really like the title and meaning behind it. Thank you for writing and posting this! (As an aside, is it true that there are cameras in some hospitals?)
angkay81 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
How lovely if this goes into sequel... :)
Lorchenne chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Aww Quan and Derik are two of the most well-rounded characters I've read about under this category. I hope you write more of them.
Annie chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Re-reading your fiction is how I'm celebrating the superbowl. I count it as excellent.
32 | Page 1 .. Last Next »