Reviews for The Charity Chronicles
demonbarber14 chapter 40 . 4/13
Bad dreams, thunderstorms, housekeepers acting a little suspicious-what a night for poor Charity! Hopefully she'll get some answers (not to mention sleep) soon!
empiresofwater chapter 40 . 4/12
Oh, I loved this chapter! You created such an intriguing mood in it, with the storm and Charity's fear and Inga. And I loved the part with the statue of armour - that really set the scene so amazingly! I adored the image Inga gave of Lady Margaret striding around in her power suits as well! And what a fantastic chapter name, hinting of things to come! Great chapter :)
earthday chapter 39 . 3/7
What a frightening dream for poor Charity to have! The hesitation the villagers have over Lady Margaret's involvement in the charity intrigues me though, and I wonder if Reverend Meeps would have told a different side to the story if Lady Margaret hadn't turned up at his and Charity's sale! I also loved the little details you put in here, just like we were talking about, such as the differences between Charity and Lady Margaret's dinners - Charity with lots of rich meat and dessert and Lady Margaret with a little, healthy dish! That really set the scene! This was a fab new chapter :)
demonbarber14 chapter 38 . 11/16/2014
Oh, Charity! She does live the life, doesn't she? To be fair, though, she's probably the only person in the world who actually gets the recommended minimum nine hours of sleep.
earthday chapter 38 . 11/16/2014
Oh, that Charity is always drifting off to sleep in places she shouldn't lol! This was a great chapter and I really like your new character of the Reverend Meeps - I wonder how he will be involved in the story! I also loved the part where Charity was looking through the magazines and realising how posh and fancy Lady Margaret truly was, wearing all those same dresses - and then imagining herself in them! So cute! She's such a delightful character. And such lively, fun writing as always too :)
earthday chapter 37 . 9/10/2014
Great chapter! I loved your descriptions of the chocolates Charity was eating - so delicious! And her line at the end 'we do? I mean, she does?' about 'today's young woman' was so funny! I'm intrigued to see how her meeting with the Reverend Meeps will go, and what will happen about the rumours Harry is spreading!
demonbarber14 chapter 37 . 9/9/2014
Oh dear, what a dreadful thing for Harry to do! Hopefully Charity can more than counter-act whatever he said by doing, well, charity. Plus, it'll be a great opportunity for her to meet people and do good. I think these nasty stories might turn out to be a blessing!
lilypad82 chapter 36 . 6/17/2014
hahah Meeps love that name. I like how her mouth felt furry. And her pretty new outfit.
earthday chapter 36 . 6/16/2014
Great chapter! I love the look at the domestic life Charity has and it's good to see Inga again! I love how you make your characters memorable and likeable also - Charity is such a cute, lovely character! I was interested to see Harry mentioned again as well - I wonder how he will become involved!
demonbarber14 chapter 36 . 6/15/2014
Oh dear, that does seem like a difficult job! I'm sure she'll be able to handle it with her usual panache, though. I also really like how her looking "shaken" at the end parallels her being shaken awake at the beginning of the chapter. Can't wait for more!
Neo Rulez chapter 36 . 6/15/2014
It was interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work.
demonbarber14 chapter 35 . 5/12/2014
I do like the fact that Charity gets to spend more time with Sir. Humphrey! I really love how she surrounds herself with a lot of fun, quirky older people of both genders. There's way too much ageism in the media, so it's great reading stories like this, where older characters aren't just there to be killjoys or overly nurturing boring background characters.
earthday chapter 35 . 5/11/2014
Ah what a fantastically described chapter! I just loved the image of Charity with Sir Humphrey in the luxurious study! All of your characters in this story are so interesting and have such distinct personalities. All of Humphrey's stories are so funny and I love how Charity loves them too! And now I'm intrigued about Lady Margaret and Sir Edgar too!
lilypad82 chapter 34 . 3/16/2014
yay Humpty Dumpty! Hmm there's something about Lady Margaret that's for sure!
looks good!
demonbarber14 chapter 34 . 3/16/2014
I have to say, I wondered the same thing! Hopefully Greg would be too smart to do something like that, since Lady M. probably has to power to see to it that he'd never get work again if she were upset with him.
93 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »