Reviews for Prisoner
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
It of. I like "for me this is only a fantasy." And then the end "I am left with my misery, uncertain of certain doom." Using opposites in the same line gives it a nice touch. Makes you think a little confusion about the inevitable.
FairyKun chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
¡Muy bien escrito! ¡Me gustó mucho! ¡Sigue escribiendo! *.

peace/love
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 2/26/2002
Aha! The next poem to fall victim to my early morning rantings! muahahaha! (Somebody stop me, please! no, really! I'm not just imitating Jim Carry, I really need to be stopped! Arg!)

This really isn't as bad as you made it out to be, especially if you wrote it in five minutes. I have some that I wrote in under ten minutes that I didn't think were worth the beans that grew on the tree that was knocked over to make the paper that, at one time, was the unrecycled predecessor to the paper in which I wrote the poems on, but then they turned out to be pretty good ("The Saddest Greif" was one of them. Not great, but not bad either...I don't think...evil, still, but...ugh, nevermind!)

Okay, now to start my ranting...

Each image is perfect for the concept of being trapped by, I'm assuming, time. Especially since the first image is of a clock, even the axe fits into the clock aspect...then, the creatures could be like the little guys that run around on those fancy-shmancy clocks, like cuckoo clock or something...and THEN, death is like the countdown of life, the biological clock that winds down over several decades...and finally, the wait is over, waiting being an aspect of time, since it tends to make time go slower (watched pot never boils?).

Oh, look at that, there's a ladybug crawling in my room...Oh no! Not again! Not ANOTHER infestation! Errrr! Anyway, 5:30am now, off to the next poem.

!

There's a bunch for you. Don't bother counting, I gave up after about 5, so I think it's safe to say that there's more than five!
incupunk when signed in chapter 1 . 2/7/2002
i would compare it to the teletubbies, but i dont want to hurt their feelings

[im joking]
Meghanna Starsong chapter 1 . 1/29/2002
whooooooooo. wanna switch me muses? mine seems to be out of order.
AaZz chapter 1 . 12/21/2001
kwel
MoshiMoshiQueen chapter 1 . 12/5/2001
very deep!
lisa chapter 1 . 6/5/2001
why did you say this sucks, i liked it, maybe some idiots with no imagination cant comprhend the symbolism that is blatently repeated throughout your poem, but i think any poem about a victim watching the brutal decapitation of their fellow prisoners and then to watch them decay and be consumed by maggots and anticipate their own violent fate is pretty ing cool so dont say it sucks i dont like the one you did with Rosa, its repeditive, any poem that is about humorous suicide should have some grotesque feature, but yours is lacking that, you know it should have something that should make people say that its wrong or immoral, it appears to be sensored and restricted, if anything that poem sucked, not this one, oh and i liked your short story a lot very dramatic and it seemed by symbolic of your own struggels and accomplishments, hmm maybe you said that in the begining of the poem, sorry this is so long, you know how excited i get when dirgus is around
The Person Who's Computer Always Types JapaneseAnnoying it is Thorn chapter 1 . 6/4/2001
Rally ho, ye metaphors en' similes en' sentence structures! Ay dinnae have anythin' te say te ye. GOSH that's hard to speak in! Well, anyhow, anyways, this time, this image of this pale white black haired long haired lady was praying into a beam of light that was striking through a window of a prison made of rocks. Heh, long sentence? It's not even a correct one, too. I think this poem was the one that put an image in my mind the most ( I just consider writing as something that has to put an image into another person's mind). I'm just wondering how this poem was going to be a humorous poem in the first place...Someone needs to teach me how to write proper reviews...
Isis Drache chapter 1 . 5/29/2001
Hey, I was expecting something bad. You dissapointed me. J/K, that was pretty good. I didn't really get it.. but it sounded nice, you know?
Aoi Beru chapter 1 . 5/28/2001
hey Em-chan! Good job at describing the anxiety of getting out of Spanish class. It goes the same for me in math... ewww.. Dill's Dungeon... *shivers* haha. You cook up good poetry during boring sessions of class! Maybe I should brainstorm some for my "Angelic Stage" in bio... wait, I can't. I'll flunk that class if I do... *sweatdrop*. Oi...